372 or 562

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can run a 24" bar on a 562. On 1-18" run a 20 on a 562 and forget the 372. Running 24-32" bar all the time, grab the 372. 562 auto-tune has been worked out, have owned a 2018 with 55a carb and was a nice saw. My ported one with el-46 runs well and was the old at junker. 572at is also a nice saw, will pull a longer bar than that 462stihl light weight saw. If your dealer has AT software, I would go that way. But, that being said buy what will make you smile.
I guess the op will be needing something to limb with.

one handed overhead for 5-6 hours....or more........not sure why i have double quote

Again I really like my 572 and it's the future, but I would have to ask how much experience you have with the 372? I admit I'm a bit spoiled with my 372, as IMHO not much is better than a ported OE372.:cheers:
Got 3 of em, (oe) Two of em have some work done to em and they will beat my 572, but stock for stock, 572 is faster.
I have 562 also but like the handling of the 357-359s better tho the 562 was faster stock, that is no longer the case.

I’m in the market for a 60-70 cc saw. Will be used for cutting logs already down. My son has been helping me and started selling loads of wood for a little extra income and he has gone wild. I have to keep him out of my wood and he’s taken over my 372 - I have one 372 24” bar and think it’s the finest saw i have ever used. Have a friend that has a 562 and he’s telling me i should buy one and that it cuts like a bigger saw. Seldom get logs larger than 30” but sometimes we get a couple monsters. I don’t own any newer smart saws but am open minded but have never had to adjust on the 372 it just screams. But wanted to ask the fellas that use a 562 or similar size husky - also any comments on problems with the self adjusting carbs and are the bugs worked out - opinions appreciated.
I own both and I will agree with your friend that the 562 does cut like a bigger saw. I have run a 28 on it a few times with no troubles.

ergonomics are better, especially the full wrap. Weight is also more desirable to use.
Is it a replacement for the 372 I don’t think so personally. But if you want something a little smaller with a large punch I would highly recommend it. I must say that not worrying about tuning and keeping your focus on time and cutting is another great improvement with the 562.

Fully gassed with the tech lite bar (20”) full comp chain weighed in about 5 pounds less than the same thing on my 372 I believe...
if you want me to make sure I will weigh it again if you wish cause I don’t fully remember

Dang fellas - a lot of pros cons here. Ok let’s say a 562 with 24” bar with a dozen tanks of gas has been priced to me for 520.00. Saw looks fairly new too even oe bar looks good. I haven’t cut with it yet but i think that’s a fair price AND i haven’t found a really good price on a 372 even one that needs new cylinder and piston ( really what i was shopping for) and a 572 is a bit more than i want to spend - should i buy the 562 ? Also I do have a 395 to make up for the 372 that my son has scarfed up for those big pieces. Would you buy the 562

Well the 395 has 28” bar and is a 394 mod to 395 - it runs but needs fine tuning and i can’t do it easily by myself or never tried really. It cuts but needs. Pro to get ahold of it for peaking out - truth be told it really hasn’t been broken in yet

Back