Gas can spout replacement (good one)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

066blaster

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I found a really good spout to replace your old broken ones or replace the new unsafe basically non usable spouts. It's very heavy duty, has a wire screen/filter in it, and a screw on nozzle cap. It does come with a vent that can be added to a new non vented can. I had to buy an adapter for my Chilton can which is made by the same company. I have probably 10 cans laying around with broken or missing spouts or vents that I can make usable again.Screenshot_20200109-164639_Chrome.jpg 20200109_163117.jpg

Anything is better than the stupid no leak ones. All my cans hav the ends cut off the no leak and guts taken out and a self tapping 3/8 fine thread bolt in the handle for venting. Do they make flexible ones?
There are some out there, but based on some of the reviews they are cheaply made. but if thats what you need, they do make them

I don't understand what they were trying to prevent or improve when they came up with the non vented or mechanical spout cans?? It is almost impossible to use them without spilling gas everywhere. I wonder how many injuries or deaths have been caused by them. I was thinking about just using a old washer fluid jug like my dad use to use years ago until i found this spout.

There are some out there, but based on some of the reviews they are cheaply made. but if thats what you need, they do make them

I bought several of them, possibly a different brand, at the local Grange Supply at $9.95. Flexible spout and come with two caps, one for the old can, on for the new. Flexible and with the screw on cap. Also have the vent.

I have bought these spouts Kevin has posted about. I have fixed them the same way also.
https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/pet-peeve-gas-cans-lets-fix-it.293177/

Two vent the can I use valve stems.
Drill the hole.
Insert some flexable eletric wire.
jUbpzOa.jpg

Reach in with a hook.
Ln6NBZD.jpg

Run wire thru valve sten with core removed.
MycTDhE.jpg

Place it in the can and pull up thru the drilled hole.
eJ3p6Hh.jpg

I used a valve stem tool and some cheap dollar store dish soap to finishs pulling it and seating it.
LJT0Tbq.jpg

0k8bZyD.jpg

I have had people b itch the valve stem will deterate. Fix For it is to use a metal valve stem make a leather washer from a old shoe and do as I did with the rubber stem.

NWMDC

:D Al

I've been using the "water jug" replacement spouts from either TSC, Amazon wherever. They come with 2 nuts for the spout, sometime I still have to use the one that came with the can, a vent (make sure you use the right size drill and it pops securely into place) a cap for the spout and they work way WAY better than the EPA mandated trash.
https://smile.amazon.com/Kool-Products-Retail-Flexible-Replacement/dp/B07HRFF4LW
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/ez-pour-hi-flo-water-replacement-spout
https://issuesinsights.com/2019/07/...rything-from-dishwashers-to-gas-cans-to-cars/

I have at least 10 of them, gas & diesel. They work Very good!
Are you talking about the ones that have a little vent tube in the spout? I have a few 6 gallon ones like that. The problem with them is it take quite awhile longer to empty them. My dad is 73 and is having a hard time holding it up for that long to fill our tractors. It is also hard to fill a small tank with them, it's hard to control the amount of flow.

Are you talking about the ones that have a little vent tube in the spout? I have a few 6 gallon ones like that. The problem with them is it take quite awhile longer to empty them. My dad is 73 and is having a hard time holding it up for that long to fill our tractors. It is also hard to fill a small tank with them, it's hard to control the amount of flow.

Not sure about your Dads tractor but on my Kubota I just rest the can on the loader arm and the no spill government spout rests on the lip of the fuel fill lip. It is still slow but no holding a diesel tank for a few min. I found an old plastic can spout that fits my 5 gallon can and I use that, for a vent I drilled a small hole and put a rubber stopper in it. I should try some of the other ideas here and not worry that I will loose the stopper.
The new push button cans are great. I will replace all the cans with that someday.

N
No Spill brand, yes vent in spout, green push button. They do take a bit longer to empty, but I rest the can on the loader arm, or hood of tractor.

Back