Venturing out were I never been.? Husky 350

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
i purchased many of the husky 350’s. Do you guys port them? I purchased new crank bearings and seals, gaskets, and piston. They list two different size cylinders are they interchangeable if I buy the piston kit with them? What’s the hot ticket for these saws? A 346 Xp cylinder? Or stock and port it a tad?

i purchased many of the husky 350’s. Do you guys port them? I purchased new crank bearings and seals, gaskets, and piston. They list two different size cylinders are they interchangeable if I buy the piston kit with them? What’s the hot ticket for these saws? A 346 Xp cylinder? Or stock and port it a tad?
The 45 mm with a flat top piston ( 353 I believe ) with a muffler matched exhaust port is very easy and cheap with excellent results. Get the squish to around .020, put a 346 muffler brace on it, black coil, remove the limiters on the carb, tune , cut wood.:cool:

The 45 mm with a flat top piston ( 353 I believe ) with a muffler matched exhaust port is very easy and cheap with excellent results. Get the squish to around .020, put a 346 muffler brace on it, black coil, remove the limiters on the carb, tune , cut wood.:cool:
What he said, except, put the hyway popup piston in, get's the comp up in the 180s.

Have not done this YET, but it’s on my to do list!
It's a nice upgrade. I feel like with all the layers of sandwich on the bottom end 180+ might be pushing it long term but it makes for a cheap upgrade. I've done one with the HW 45mm quad port and flat top on a mag case. That one is somewhere in the neighborhood of a modded 45mm 350 top end. @cus_deluxe seems to like it alright. I have one more of those with a popup on the shelf, but with a couple flavors of 346 jug sitting there also I'm not sure when I'll get to try it.

It's a nice upgrade. I feel like with all the layers of sandwich on the bottom end 180+ might be pushing it long term but it makes for a cheap upgrade. I've done one with the HW 45mm quad port and flat top on a mag case. That one is somewhere in the neighborhood of a modded 45mm 350 top end. @cus_deluxe seems to like it alright. I have one more of those with a popup on the shelf, but with a couple flavors of 346 jug sitting there also I'm not sure when I'll get to try it.
I’m currently recovering from surgery which severely limits my ability to go in to the woods, as well as get in the garage, but plenty of time for interweb searches! I have a derelict 350 out in the garage that is just begging for the pop up piston upgrade! Might be a week or two before I can start wrenching again, more like 2 to 3 months before I can actually run a saw, but the gathering of parts is just a few clicks away, might just have to do a build thread, which I’ve never attempted before! I have to find something to keep me from going crazy while rehabbing! I miss my garage time, as well as my time in the woods!:(

I’m currently recovering from surgery which severely limits my ability to go in to the woods, as well as get in the garage, but plenty of time for interweb searches! I have a derelict 350 out in the garage that is just begging for the pop up piston upgrade! Might be a week or two before I can start wrenching again, more like 2 to 3 months before I can actually run a saw, but the gathering of parts is just a few clicks away, might just have to do a build thread, which I’ve never attempted before! I have to find something to keep me from going crazy while rehabbing! I miss my garage time, as well as my time in the woods!:(
GWS, if you need any parts I have some stuff. Good time to do a little bit of grinding on the jug too.

What surgery did you have and I hope you get better soon.

What surgery did you have and I hope you get better soon.
It’s a hernia, with some complications. 3 hr under the knife, and it was supposed to be orthoscopic, but the 5” scar across my belly says that’s not what was done. Been making slow progress but the pain level was intense for the first 4 days, I’ve weaned myself off the pain meds completely and the surgery was last Thursday. The complications are being dealt with and I’ll update as news comes in. :cool:

It’s a hernia, with some complications. 3 hr under the knife, and it was supposed to be orthoscopic, but the 5” scar across my belly says that’s not what was done. Been making slow progress but the pain level was intense for the first 4 days, I’ve weaned myself off the pain meds completely and the surgery was last Thursday. The complications are being dealt with and I’ll update as news comes in. :cool:
Uhhhh... dope IS pain meds bro.

Sounds like a botched surgery, MY daughters going through the same thing. they messed her up bad. Hope it all goes well for you. a five inch scar is not orthoscopic.
Not botched, there’s more going on, the doc is doing what’s best for my situation, you’ll have to trust me on this.

Back