Anybody here from north bama?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jkstihl

Chainsaws make me fap.
Reaction score
Would be cool to have a small gtg.. We dont never have any cool gtgs down here like ye ol yankees have.. Maybe even have a reach around party at the end... It never gets old running a saw at work but an event would be cool.

Disclaimer...just kidding IMG_20190521_104749.jpg about the reach around part.

I dont know about yall but my vision of a get together would be @ the 10 acre wood dump. A skid steer. And a lil moonshine and alot of beer..

Dam. Where you at alaska?

Y'all get a big blow today, wind was whipping here in LA. Got a few trees down but nothing damaged. Straight line Winds hit about 78 mph for a time ain't nothing like a hurricane blow though. The last bad one of those that came through was Ivan, 120 mph winds and enough firewood left on the ground to supply the nation with firewood for years and years.

Y'all get a big blow today, wind was whipping here in LA. Got a few trees down but nothing damaged. Straight line Winds hit about 78 mph for a time ain't nothing like a hurricane blow though. The last bad one of those that came through was Ivan, 120 mph winds and enough firewood left on the ground to supply the nation with firewood for years and years.

Just some 60+ straight line winds and a few low grade brief spin ups... Nothing serious.

And i remember news coverage of ivan.

Last really memorable weather we had was april 27 2011.. I was at work def an eerie day.

I think 62 tornados total statewide.

Just some 60+ straight line winds and a few low grade brief spin ups... Nothing serious.

And i remember news coverage of ivan.

Last really memorable weather we had was april 27 2011.. I was at work def an eerie day.

I think 62 tornados total statewide.

I remember that very well. Myself and 2 other guys were trying to get home from mobile Alabama. Had been down there out of town working for a cabinet shop then. Drove right through most of that hell. That was a horrible day for Alabama!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I remember that very well. Myself and 2 other guys were trying to get home from mobile Alabama. Had been down there out of town working for a cabinet shop then. Drove right through most of that hell. That was a horrible day for Alabama!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Yessir

We had one of those days back in the 70's maybe 1974 I think. We were going fishing on Lake Jordan and pulled up to the Boat Ramp to put in and it started to rain. I was looking up the river and saw a twister go across the Lake up about Blackwell's and Weoka Creek. I told my buddy that we needed to put the boat in and head up that way because there were houses on both sides of the lake and people may be hurt. My buddy was a paramedic so we raced up the lake to see if we could help. Lucky it was during the week and not to many people were around but it tore up a lot of cabins and homes, we found one fellow under his pier with a broken arm and couldn't get out of the water. My buddy took care of him and I started searching the cabins affected for others. EMS arrived and we turned the fellow with the broke arm over to them and we hopped into the boat and went across the lake over to Blackwell's to check on those folks. We found one dead and some injured but nothing real bad with the injured so we stayed and helped them till another EMS arrived over there also. Luckily my bud had his radio and called in both locations for help. We were just in the right place at the right time. You may ask why in the hell were we out in that kind of weather trying to fish, because I don't know what it is but the fish will bite good in that kind of weather. I guess it's a low barometer. Needless to say we didn't fish that day.

Back