Ms440 limiter caps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmctyphoon

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just acquired a nice ms440 that I’m rebuilding. The carb has no limiter caps on it, but looks like they “were” there at some point.

After searching most say to just clip the limiter tab then re-install. Do I need to locate some limiters for this carb so the screws don’t turn by themselves?

I didn’t reinstall them on my 461. No real issues except getting in the screw head when tuning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My MS440 still has the limiter caps, and the rubber bushing inside the adjustment screw holes, which makes it quite easy to put a small screwdriver to it and adjust. My late model 026 does not have limiters. I can't see how they could have installed them at the factory based on the small clearance between the screws and the plastic. But apparently they were there when the saw left the factory. Without those rubber bushings as guides, I have found it nearly impossible to get the adjustment screws to hold a screwdriver for adjustment. Can those rubber bushings with the small opening be installed without the limiters?

Latest posts

Back