Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That X-27 can likely split that straight grain oak faster than a splittre! I split a little Oak and Beech today.

You got that right. Straight green Red oak = butter. I also have the isocore 8lb for when things get twisty/knotted/crotchy. It’s a beast.

What is beech like splitting? There is a fair amount of it around here but I’ve never split it, so much more oak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After doing wood, I took a shower and went and coached my daughters Basketball team. Trucks thermometer said 64! 64!!! The wife and kids were playing outside like it was spring when I got home from the firewood and it just kept getting warmer. I’m just waiting for the REAL winter weather to show up.

I had a Tshirt on when doing the wood....... dripping in sweat

I'm surprised Steve's saws even run after being submerged in the Sauna all night!!!

To my surprise, the straight grain Beech was not too tough, and I had some good size rounds, but the knotty Oak pieces gave me fits, and were set aside for the hydro. You do so well on the straighter grain stuff that you think you can get them … but … NO!!!

Morning from chapel hill
1c191a73a42988725799c94856ce4538.jpg
65 degrees right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back