Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey SVK, is that chain you posted on the other page that new Oregon PowerCut chain 72 EXL 3/8ths .050 full chisel chain . If it is it is good stuff. I have never been a big fan of Oregon but this chain has held up very good for the short time I have been using it . I am also running a 20 " Tsumura bar on a Poulan 3700 I redid awhile . I really like it . I was a little disappointed in the saw when I got it done but now that I have the carb dialed in and the new rings are seating it is getting better and better . I can definitely see why these saws have the following they do.

Has anyone ever did any light milling with one of these 3700/3400 ?? They seem like they would do a good job . I am on the look out for another Poulan to replace that 410 Homelite I have been using for light milling with a 20 " bar
Yes that’s EXL. I have three loops but have yet to cut with any of it.

Anyone have a line on where a guy can procure decals for these saws? I'm looking for the clutch cover decal and the thin one for the air filter cover. Any insider info would be greatly appreciated.
Also interested in a set of inner and outer spikes that are regular profile to replace the goofy factory one. Not sure if there are others from another model that will fit or someone who makes them.
20200110_150924.jpg
20200111_151125.jpg

This is the air filter cover one I'm talking about. I have no idea what the one for the Pro 380 says on it.
Screenshot_20200111-154801_Samsung Internet.jpg

Well I put on the spike from @Todd Loosli today as well as the Tsumura bar once I drilled out the bar adjustors. Looks nice if I do say so myself.

View attachment 787639
Looks great!! I missed one not long ago locally for $80 I can't hardly live with myself haha. Those are hard to find. Clean too! I love it.

Anyone have a line on where a guy can procure decals for these saws? I'm looking for the clutch cover decal and the thin one for the air filter cover. Any insider info would be greatly appreciated.
Also interested in a set of inner and outer spikes that are regular profile to replace the goofy factory one. Not sure if there are others from another model that will fit or someone who makes them.
View attachment 787641
View attachment 787642

This is the air filter cover one I'm talking about. I have no idea what the one for the Pro 380 says on it.
View attachment 787643

I have no idea on the decals, have to get lucky to find NOS , they have been obsolete for a long time.

As for the double dogs, there were never any for them. I decided to make my own, started out with 268 Husky spikes. Drill press, cut and weld. They don't make it easy to get to the chain adjuster.. 100_0070 (Custom).JPG 100_0071 (Custom).JPG

I have no idea on the decals, have to get lucky to find NOS , they have been obsolete for a long time.

As for the double dogs, there were never any for them. I decided to make my own, started out with 268 Husky spikes. Drill press, cut and weld. They don't make it easy to get to the chain adjuster.. View attachment 787649 View attachment 787650
Thanks for the jump start on a set to start with. I figured that I might have to make my own. No biggie. Those look good and much more functional on there. Good work!

Thanks for the jump start on a set to start with. I figured that I might have to make my own. No biggie. Those look good and much more functional on there. Good work!
They do work good, this warmed up 365 is my most used saw. If you find a Super 380 clutch cover decal, get two, my 380 needs one too. Lol

They do work good, this warmed up 365 is my most used saw. If you find a Super 380 clutch cover decal, get two, my 380 needs one too. Lol
10-4 If I can't find any I'll have some made. Not the same as factory, but better than nothing. I'll keep you in mind.

I will have to look for it.

I have a 380 on the shelf with a broken pto side case. But no sticker.
One against wall. Covers on another shelf.

One with yellow tank. Came in black and yellow tanks.

That black tank one on right was running 380 I parted out for local. It was my test saw.

ppprojects.jpg

I was digging for some parts for a guy and looked for air cover sticker. None of mine left has the yellow sticker that was on the one sent to Roger.

Updated that parts shelf pic.

Also found a NOS HDA137. Think I put it on a saw once to test to make sure it was a bad 164. It was.
If someone ends up needing one.

ppart.jpg pairseal.jpg

@JeremiahJohnson That is a huge help. I appreciate all the info and pics! Decals aren't the end of the world, but I like my stuff spot on for the most part ;) and thanks for the name of a place to get em done!

What did you end up drilling it out with in the end? (The adjusters)
A cobalt bit from Northern tool. It was $7.50 and cut great with cutting oil for the first hole and a half. The last half pass was a challenge. I must have overheated it.

The Stihl hole is about 3/16”, the Homelite and Poulan adjuster pins are about 1/4”. I used a 5/16” bit as the pin doesn’t exactly line up with the hole but it slides in perfect with the little bit of extra room.

Latest posts

Back