Ouligen chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 7800 saw looks like a modern day clone of our vintage saws. The mcculloch and others ect. I wonder what they run like. I wonder who will be the first to break into the market that’s new? Can we buy them on eBay?

I have a Castor Bergin chain saw coming soon it’s italian made. I’m already calling it my Lamborghini saw.

These countries can clone anything. I’m surprized we haven’t seen cars and trucks yet?

Only things stopping them are the ntsb and epa. They do make a smaller clone of the Ford f150 raptor in China..

The 7800 saw looks like a modern day clone of our vintage saws. The mcculloch and others ect. I wonder what they run like. I wonder who will be the first to break into the market that’s new? Can we buy them on eBay?

I have a Castor Bergin chain saw coming soon it’s italian made. I’m already calling it my Lamborghini saw.
You can buy one on DHgate, though the review is shall we say, less than encouraging .
https://m.dhgate.com/product/78cc-ouligen-brand-good-quality-chainsaw/229733516.html

They tried Japan with that ghastly Homelite-ish monster a number of years ago... didn't really work...

The prices for second-hand brand saws are picking up to a point where the risk is getting too high in Japan. Haven't bought a saw in ages :crazy:.

Might be time to get into something new.

The red and white ones look like a Dolmuskie.
I see 2 basic designs in the "Chain saw series" panel. Almost identical versions of these 2 are sold under at least 20 different brands, all of which could be said to be derived from 1970s Husqvarna saws like 180S, 162SE, 140S, BUT...via Japan.
The 50cc and above models are loosely based on an old Komatsu/Zenoah saw, which was itself a copy of Husqvarna 61 concept.
The 38, 40 & 41cc models are almost exact copies of the Zenoah G3800/4100, which itself follows the Husqvarna lead, in this case having both the oil tank and fuel tank incorporated in the rear handle, somewhat like the 180s.

They tried Japan with that ghastly Homelite-ish monster a number of years ago... didn't really work...

The prices for second-hand brand saws are picking up to a point where the risk is getting too high in Japan. Haven't bought a saw in ages :crazy:.

Might be time to get into something new.
I'm liking the new Echo range.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I just bought one for ***** and giggles, it runs a 404 chain, reed valve engine, and carburetor has a lever pump to prime it(?). I'll post some pics later.

Sounds a whole lot like the carburetor is a TK clone, they always have levers instead of purge bulbs. I should have one in the workshop somewhere.
Let us know how it runs and what is it based on.

I pulled the muffler off yesterday and the cylinder has a big rectangular bridged exhaust port like on most every old homelite I've ever seen.

Here's what the carburetor looks like.

78cc-7800-Carburetor-for-YD78-Chainsaw-Peumatic-Fire-Extinguisher-Carbs-Wind-Force-Sprayer-Parts.jpg_q50.jpg

Back