Held an 880 magnum yesterday

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only way I'd ever own one is if it were a dedicated milling machine. It's just way too heavy to get any kind of regular use out of. I'd rather invest in a smaller saw that would actually get used more, even if I'd have to cut from both sides in order to get through a bigger tree.
Kinda the equivalent of a guy making one knife a year investing in $30k worth of blacksmithing tools when he coulda got by with a hammer and piece of RR track.
Wide breach between Need-Want.
If you like such a saw......enjoy.

do we really need a AC in a truck.......extra big tires?

Try getting thru one single day with out rationalizing something.

Lol. Enjoy life. No one drinks really good scotch for the effect cheaper would have the same effect.

Or eat lobster just because you need to eat.

Wide breach between Need-Want.
If you like such a saw......enjoy.

do we really need a AC in a truck.......extra big tires?

Try getting thru one single day with out rationalizing something.

Lol. Enjoy life. No one drinks really good scotch for the effect cheaper would have the same effect.

Or eat lobster just because you need to eat.

Try some heaven hills..that **** taste like poison.... I get the point just messin w ya

Ive learned to just go ahead and spend the time and take the fence down and if you got to be careful of yard damage then out comes the plywood.. Yeah it sucks when its a 20-30 sheet run but is better than the alternative.
Oh I’m looking at one. LolJust for relief work.

But then we had 20 volunteers to move the wood and 2 cutters.

Saws were at a premium......heavy equipment even more so.

Oh I’m looking at one. LolJust for relief work.

But then we had 20 volunteers to move the wood and 2 cutters.

Saws were at a premium......heavy equipment even more so.

You will wonder how you got by without one...and besides none of us are getting any younger.

You will wonder how you got by without one...and besides none of us are getting any younger.

T190s are getting pretty cheap and they will do anything you need em to.. Takeuchi are also good but dont have any real experience with them except when i rented em.

Try some heaven hills..that **** taste like poison.... I get the point just messin w ya

A lil boy bourbon history for the snobs.

Back years ago when Wild Turkey was a $12 bourbon........Wild Turkey didn’t even have a distillery.........

They bought $8-9 bourbon and bottle it. We bought the barrels in Lawrenceburg Ky. Actually Tyrone. Just down the hill

Wild Turkey had bought the JTS Brown distillery.....a $5-6 bourbon. But it would be another 8 years in bond after they started distilling their own.

JTS Brown bourbon?.......ever seen the movie The Hustler???
It’s what Newman orders.

So if you are just drinking for effect........lol

At 67......yeah. I reach for the smallest saw usually......but it’s still it’s fun to grab a ported 084 or Oh-Nine-Oh and have at it!!!!

I’m at an orchard now with several skidsteers and a number of tractors. 20 something.......drive any of them........modify things for orchard work.

So yeah. Shopping. Even looking at a Bobcat 5610.........

Id p
At 67......yeah. I reach for the smallest saw usually......but it’s still it’s fun to grab a ported 084 or Oh-Nine-Oh and have at it!!!!

I’m at an orchard now with several skidsteers and a number of tractors. 20 something.......drive any of them........modify things for orchard work.

So yeah. Shopping. Even looking at a Bobcat 5610.........[/QUO

Those look pretty cool, like a side by side on steroids. I just dont know how she would do for any demanding work..best bang for you buck is when rental units come up for sale. Sure they have been beat and abused but atleast you know they have been maintained. Just be sure to check it over real good and use it for a weekend before you buy. But you can expect things to break thats just the way it is with skids. Id try and get a tracked machine. They are way smoother to operate. Another thing to think about is if you want hand or foot controls for the boom. Me personally i prefer foot controls cause that is what im used to. But its not that big of a headache when i have to run a hand controlled boom. Just feels weird is all.

A lil boy bourbon history for the snobs.

Back years ago when Wild Turkey was a $12 bourbon........Wild Turkey didn’t even have a distillery.........

They bought $8-9 bourbon and bottle it. We bought the barrels in Lawrenceburg Ky. Actually Tyrone. Just down the hill

Wild Turkey had bought the JTS Brown distillery.....a $5-6 bourbon. But it would be another 8 years in bond after they started distilling their own.

JTS Brown bourbon?.......ever seen the movie The Hustler???
It’s what Newman orders.

So if you are just drinking for effect........lol

I. W. Harper!!!! Couldn’t remember the name for a bit. $8 a bottle bourbon in a $11 Wild Turkey bottle. And folks bragged on what they spent. Lol
Wild Turkey had to buy bourbon till they bought their distillery in 1971........they couldn’t distill anything!!!! Wild Turkey didn’t really exist.

Campari owns Wild Turkey now.......

So yeah. Shopping. Even looking at a Bobcat 5610.........
Dang your gittin old [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

At 69 yo I let the boys run the saws now, I rebuild them. But a decade ago I let them start them, I stood in one spot and cut. Just to excite the blood flow to the muscles.

Back