Husqvarna 562xp life

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hotsaws101 on YouTube said it.

Well that says all I need to know, he's full of it, and is making a wild assumption, he's a logger not an engineer. Strato engine a controlled air leak? Right.

Many pistons in saws "strato or not" show these types wear patterns. My guess "as I'm not an engineer working in this industry" is simply a general lacking in quality do to both Husqvarna and Stihl starting to produce the top ends in house, instead of using Mahle or Gilardoni, some of these top ends are coming from China now, some from Brazil, which is better than the Chinese so far.

I can't believe the influence YouTube and social media is having on the world. Some of the info is good no doubt, but the vast majority of it is garbage IMHO.[emoji111]

Well that says all I need to know, he's full of it, and is making a wild assumption, he's a logger not an engineer. Strato engine a controlled air leak? Right.

Many pistons in saws "strato or not" show these types wear patterns. My guess "as I'm not an engineer working in this industry" is simply a general lacking in quality do to both Husqvarna and Stihl starting to produce the top ends in house, instead of using Mahle or Gilardoni, some of these top ends are coming from China now, some from Brazil, which is better than the Chinese so far.

I can't believe the influence YouTube and social media is having on the world. Some of the info is good no doubt, but the vast majority of it is garbage IMHO.[emoji111]
Yep it’s truly amazing what people will believe just because their hero said it.

Yep it’s truly amazing what people will believe just because their hero said it.
Exactly.[emoji106]

The controlled air leak comment has me ROTFL, the International combustion engine is an air pump, the whole thing is a controlled air leak.[emoji17]

I recently ordered a brand new Husky 272 piston from my local dealer for my brother's saw for ~$100. It showed up and by golly it was a made in Brazil Mahle -stamped piston. Apparently even Mahle is moving to foreign countries.

I recently ordered a brand new Husky 272 piston from my local dealer for my brother's saw for ~$100. It showed up and by golly it was a made in Brazil Mahle -stamped piston. Apparently even Mahle is moving to foreign countries.

Mahle has had a factory in Brazil and many other countries for decades, quality seems high. It's the in house stuff that seems to be of lesser quality.

Have you felt the cylinder temperature difference between a 660 and a 661? His theory makes perfect sense to me. We have had a lot of over heating problems with the 661 on very hot 43C degree days (107F) (we don't use them on hot days anymore)and they need complete rebuilding every 2 years, were as the 660 we bought in 05 has had its first top end rebuild done four years ago and the bottom end hasn't ever been touched. Ask any one who has made a living from a saw for the last 20 years and the will all tell you the new saws just aren't as long lasting as the ones from 20 years ago.

Back