Shipping saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welderman85

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a few saw I was going to put on Ebay. What's the best way to ship that doesn't cost a fortune. I have one boxed up and they said it was 40 to ship that's crazy to me

Man i haven't shipped things in a while but when I raced r/c full time in would ship ars all the time and it was 20 bucks for a bigger heavier box. I figured 20 bucks. I just got a bigger saw shipped for 20 but I didn't pay attention to what service he used

You can compare shipping prices on flea bay to get a general idea of the going rates.

You better wrap the bar with cardboard to keep it from cutting a hole in the shipping carton.

If the bar is off the saw and not wrapped good, especially at each end it will cut a hole in the shipping carton and fall out and any small contents will also come out and the carrier does not even bother to gather up the pieces. The tip of the bar will cut a hole if it's still on the saw.

How do I know this?

I've received missing parts from shippers due to such neglect.:(:mad::eek::oops:

I usually ship UPS or FedEx as I haven't had good luck with the PO. Make sure it's drained of fuel and oil and I usually wrap the power head in a trash bag. The smallest box you can safely put everything in is the best and as others have said bars need to go in cardboard even if you have to make something out of another box. Newspaper and other cardboard to protect everything and you can always cut a box down if it's too tall. Usually runs $20 to maybe $40 to ship within the lower 48.

I have a few saw I was going to put on Ebay. What's the best way to ship that doesn't cost a fortune. I have one boxed up and they said it was 40 to ship that's crazy to me
Open an account with ups. They offer discounted shipping with an account. Also type in the code 'easy' when you make the label, it saves up to 40%.... It typically costs me about 30 bucks to ship from Iowa to California for perspective. Well worth the effort if you are going to ship very many.

Sign up for a UPS and Fedex account (free). If you pay with a card and print out your label at home it’s a lot cheaper than going to a shipping store or USPS.

Also UPS has a discount code “EASY” that knocks 25 to 40 percent off list price of you ship through your account and it never expires to my knowledge.

Ok...this is probably the best kept secret out there and will probably be the best info you have heard this year if you sell saws. Figured id share my knowledge im a top rated seller on ebay. You can ship a saw coast to coast for 25$ pm me.

Latest posts

Back