My 350 husky hits a speed bump

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Started to disassemble my husky 350 tonight. The muffler bolts won’t come loose. I think porting it is out of the question. If the cylinder is good, a new piston, crank bearings, seals, gaskets is in order. Unless I buy the cylinder kit? Suggestions?

Big vice-grip pliers worked for me after stripping the hex on one.

44mm or 45mm? Good gain by just case matching the cylinder to the base gasket below the transfers on the 45.

I see there are both piston kits available? 44/45?
I hope the screws don’t break off in the cylinder. It’s an older 350 no primer pump I like that, this one maybe a keeper.

Try it hot.

Will the saw run? If so run it for 2 min and then try. If not heat the cylinder with a heat gun.

A shot of PB bast or seafoam deep creep (my favorite) on the bolt heads while the cylinder is warm. The heat will suck the PBBlast in.

A few light taps on the bolt head with a hammer (and obviously something long enough to reach in the hole) while the penetrating oil is working can help.

Keep trying that..... until someone else has a better idea[emoji23]

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Removed the cylinder today its a 44 mm, it’s scored with the piston. Now a 44 mm or a 45 mm?

I ordered a new muffler, bracket, studs along with a 45 mm piston big bore kit. I ordered all the rubber parts for the carb, bellows ect. I have time before all the parts get here to play with the muffler.

I asked a similar question over there and was told a 346 top end was the way to go on these. OEM was around $100 I believe. As far as getting the bolts out, I think get it hot, put a socket Allen in it and smack it with a hammer a couple times then try to break it loose.

Get it warmed up and put some kroil on the cylinder/bolt threads. Not too hot as set anything on fire, but there is something about that stuff and a little heat that will get about anything loose. Little Impact also if you got one, and the whole bit isn’t stripped out.

Back