Just sharing my fave saw. And yeah I know I post about it a lot. Sorry can’t talk saws w the ol lady

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jkstihl

Chainsaws make me fap.
Reaction score
let my father in law run the 046, he was def impressed.

Early model 046-d jug, 3 bolt coil, base gasket delete, muff mod. This is a saw that will get buried with me.

Anybody else have a early model d jug w the 3 pole coil? I’d love to hear what you think about them. They def have considerable more power and a lot more rev happy than a 460. Squish is at .19 next thing I’m gonna do to her is get a pop up piston. And maybe send her out to get ported. But if I do that I’d just get a reg 460 jug and have it ported and keep the stock d jug for a comparison, not only that I’d hate to alter a d jug.

I’m pretty much about like you. My wife could care to hear about my chainsaws and I really don’t have any buddies that have any interest in them. This forum helps me out with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B24B638A-7C74-44EE-BD64-D0F316ADBC3B.jpeg
ED7CCBB6-F672-45D5-B1F7-7D79F8473188.jpeg
Yup, I have one too. It’s ugly, and my hands hurt after I run it, but with a 28” bar it’s hard to beat for speed. With a 32 the MS 461 is a better saw though.

This one is pretty beat up and a little tired, and has more than a few replacement parts. It’s not the first saw I grab when I need a saw, that’s usually my MS 461, but this saw and I know each other very well and it’s what I take when I need to hike in and get some **** done.

I’m pretty much about like you. My wife could care to hear about my chainsaws and I really don’t have any buddies that have any interest in them. This forum helps me out with that.

We have been of all winter. We ramp back up on jan 20th. Been very bored and this site def helps. Drove 45 min thru a ice and snow storm which really wasnt **** cause im in the southeast at 11pm to pick up the 046 back in early december for 40$ did a complete rebuild on it. Gotta keep the mind busy when u aint working cause you tend to get into trouble...or i do atleast haha

View attachment 787986 Yup, I have one too. It’s ugly, and my hands hurt after I run it, but with a 28” bar it’s hard to beat for speed. With a 32 the MS 461 is a better saw though.

This one is pretty beat up and a little tired, and has more than a few replacement parts. It’s not the first saw I grab when I need a saw, that’s usually my MS 461, but this saw and I know each other very well and it’s what I take when I need to hike in and get some **** done.

She is beautiful man. Mine had ate a intake flange nut when i got it. And she was ugly but i gave her some love.

I’m in Southeast too. Arkansas

Not too far from me. North bama here. Take me about 4 hours to get to texarkana on the way to texas. Live in the dfw area for a while...work was booming there. But my home is in alabama.. Huntsville to be exact..one of the fastest growing cities in the us..plenty of work down here and the economy is ****ing boomin

Not too far from me. North bama here. Take me about 4 hours to get to texarkana on the way to texas. Live in the dfw area for a while...work was booming there. But my home is in alabama.. Huntsville to be exact..one of the fastest growing cities in the us..plenty of work down here and the economy is ****ing boomin

Small world in some aspects. My wife is from Mentone Alabama

She is beautiful man. Mine had ate a intake flange nut when i got it. And she was ugly but i gave her some love.

I got mine used close to the same time as an 044 set up the same when it occurred to me that I was a wildland sawyer with no saws, and not much money, but I did have my F-350 and some gas cans. The 044 died a while ago, I ran it more than this one, and it hooked a ring last year. My next stop after getting this saw was to get a second set of White’s boots.

Good times indeed at that point in my life. That saw has made me a lot of money.

I got mine used close to the same time as an 044 set up the same when it occurred to me that I was a wildland sawyer with no saws, and not much money, but I did have my F-350 and some gas cans. The 044 died a while ago, I ran it more than this one, and it hooked a ring last year. My next stop after this was to get a second set of White’s boots.

Good times indeed at that point in my life. That saw has made me a lot of money.

What u want for the 044?

Im thinking either a 25" or 28" bar for it..havent decided yet...gonna go es light for it.

I've got an early 046 and had a pretty strong stock 460 but running them side by side, they weren't even close. Now a ported 460 should spank the stock early 046 hard, but for a stock saw it's pretty nice. I personally prefer ported 372's as they are lighter, better balanced, smoother, and can easily oil a 36" bar compared to the Stihl.

I've got an early 046 and had a pretty strong stock 460 but running them side by side, they weren't even close. Now a ported 460 should spank the stock early 046 hard, but for a stock saw it's pretty nice. I personally prefer ported 372's as they are lighter, better balanced, smoother, and can easily oil a 36" bar compared to the Stihl.

True. I have love for 372s also. Never had a ported one. But even ported i see it having a hard time w a 36?

Latest posts

Back