How do you store your saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IQRaceworks

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm starting to build a pretty decent collection of saws...and I need to figure out a good way to store them that doesn't take up a whole lot of room.

How do you store your saws? Hang them on the wall? Put them on shelves, other?

Bars off, arranged handles together, I thought I built enough shelf... LOL
a639bb5a3aaa9078aebe4242a9944bef.jpg

I use my garage shelves.. huge metal shelves you could stack engines on. But i only have three active saws and two pole saws. My old saws stay in another gargage. I dont plan on adding saws i wont be running, so storage is not going to be a big issue.

Isn't that a pain having to put the bar and chain on the saw(s) every time you want to use them? And removing them when you are done?
Not really. When you have 40+ running saws there's usually at least one with a bar and chain on it, and realistically, installing and removing a bar and chain takes a couple minutes at most.
Hanging the bars and chains separately just saves a whole lot of space.
c11a657a4d658ed6c6219970a2f7fdb8.jpg

Bars off, arranged handles together, I thought I built enough shelf... LOL
a639bb5a3aaa9078aebe4242a9944bef.jpg

You have empty shelf space you need some more saws. I think I am up to 12 or 13 was looking at a couple more recently. When I start cutting I often do as much as eight or ten cords a day. To stop because a saw has a problem is not good always needs backups. Thanks

I use to store mine vertical between two 1x4s with a 1x block inbetween or just screw in hooks and hang on the handle but read somewhere storing them vertical could not be a good decision so I built a 20’ shelf 8’ off the floor over my air compressor and tire rack.

One of these days I'm going to build a saw tree. I built a new live edge shelf for just Echos, then I found 2 more and it's too small. I'm trying to organize them by make. But some are old enough I don't plan on fixing them in the near future, so they are going on a top shelf. Here's a few pics, the saws may be rearranged now.20200108_101326.jpg 20200105_170023.jpg 20190117_100844.jpg 20190117_100803.jpg

I'm not married so saws live in the house. Sometimes on the kitchen table, sometimes on the floor.
That's awesome.
I keep threatening my wife if she hangs any more little plaques with sayings/slogans, I am gonna build a mantle in the living room and put at least 2 of my saws on it! Right above our wedding pictures.

I agree, take the bars off, goes a long ways in storing in a tidy space. If you need the keep the bars on or that is your preference, saw log trees are way cool. Just make sure you get a seasoned log, else you'll need to put up with some rust on your bars and chains.

That's awesome.
I keep threatening my wife if she hangs any more little plaques with sayings/slogans, I am gonna build a mantle in the living room and put at least 2 of my saws on it! Right above our wedding pictures.

I have a neighbor whose wife collect those same plaques. I don't quite understand how he puts up with it. There is also an army of little plastic forest creatures on the stairs, patio, scattered around on the property, etc. I get a stomach ache seeing them, or coming across a new one.

I dont mind little statues and miniatures and things so long as there are not too many of them but I loath plaques with meaningful quotes on them.
It just comes off as really pretentious and up your own 4rse. To me anyways.
A friend of mine's mother had dolls on all the shelves in their house. Really creepy.
I also hate those damn colourful rectangular buddhist flags people hang up around their homes.

Back