048 super idle speed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deezy81

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey everybody, I’m looking to see if anyone knows what the idle speed for an 048 super should be. The manual says the max RMP (12k) but nothing about the idle. Looking for some help if anyone knows/has one and what you set yours at. Also it’s 76cc if that helps.

According to a service manual I have, turn the low idle down until the chain stops spinning, rev it a few times to make sure the chain won’t move at idle, and you’re good!
Ya that’s what I had been doing. Was just curious if you/anyone know what was the recommended idle should be. Sounds good and thanks!

The shop manual says chain should engage around 3200 rpm. If you can get a steady idle and prompt spoolup (no bogging) with an idle between 2500 and 2800 rpm, I'd say you're good to go.
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

I had a look and found 2200 and 2300, dependeing on the source for the 048. I believe you should be good with that or what atpchas said. See what works best for you.

Back