Dump Truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Taged this dump truck like a regular pickup. I’ve been hassled for farm tags before on a pickup. It’s not worth it to save $10 a year. None of our local law enforcement will give you trouble, but all it takes is one poorly endowed newby to ruin your day.
Trailers are a whole other ballgame. $7 tag and no inspection is well worth any punishment that may some day come. If I had to get all my trailers inspected it would take me a week, and that’s not counting fixing all the crap they require. I keep my tail lights working and have some reflective tape positioned on them and call it a winner.
My big trailer would cost $175 to tag normal and the brakes are shot, tires would be too old if they checked them, no side marker lights and no telling what they would find wrong.
I did have some issues getting the dump truck inspected, since the bed is 90” wide the inspector gave me a pretty hard time.

We gave up on the farm plate years ago. Between the paperwork and the hassle, it just was not worth it.

I've had zero hassle with farm plates here, and we ran a minivan with them for years. Not saying it couldn't happen, but if they start hassling pickup drivers with farm plates in Wisconsin I think there's gonna be an uprising. Now they will drive to big employers and check plates in the employee parking lot, which is totally fine by me. Rules are rules.

I recently renewed my CDL with an enormous amount of hassle. I had at least eight appointments which took three weeks to complete. I have been driving with a CDL for nearly forty years and thought how hard could this be. I took one or two tests and missed a few questions and thought maybe I better brush up on some technical stuff. Then I failed my combination. At that point I was informed that I had to pass all of the federal requirements which included about six tests then on to California tests. To make me feel even more low I was informed the federal and California tests would be mixed. I spent many nights studying all night before my next test. Too much to know. Thanks

I Taged this dump truck like a regular pickup. I’ve been hassled for farm tags before on a pickup. It’s not worth it to save $10 a year. None of our local law enforcement will give you trouble, but all it takes is one poorly endowed newby to ruin your day.
Trailers are a whole other ballgame. $7 tag and no inspection is well worth any punishment that may some day come. If I had to get all my trailers inspected it would take me a week, and that’s not counting fixing all the crap they require. I keep my tail lights working and have some reflective tape positioned on them and call it a winner.
My big trailer would cost $175 to tag normal and the brakes are shot, tires would be too old if they checked them, no side marker lights and no telling what they would find wrong.
I did have some issues getting the dump truck inspected, since the bed is 90” wide the inspector gave me a pretty hard time.

Here farm vehicles are $30/year, where a 1-1.5 ton is in the $150-400/year area (goes off year and GVWR).

Just need to sign that your primary income is from ag and that's it. Forestry is grouped into ag.

Also you are limited to a 150 mile radius from the farm.

Back