Ouligen chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that supposed to be a circuit richening valve on top?

Huskie is correct: that lever is the least sophisticated equivalent of a primer bulb. It's very common on TK carburetor clones.

Yet another Zenoah G4500 copy.
I think 75cc and 15.000rpm are imaginative new heights in advertised specifications.

Am I the only one who noted "5200W"? Unless it was chosen for good Feng-shui that translates into 5.2kW.
Good for people on the Internet who need to brag how their sub-$200 chainsaw will "blow out of the water" all those old boring and expensive Husqvarna, Stihl, Shindaiwa etc. :ices_rofl:

Huskie is correct: that lever is the least sophisticated equivalent of a primer bulb. It's very common on TK carburetor clones.

Am I the only one who noted "5200W"? Unless it was chosen for good Feng-shui that translates into 5.2kW.
Good for people on the Internet who need to brag how their sub-$200 chainsaw will "blow out of the water" all those old boring and expensive Husqvarna, Stihl, Shindaiwa etc. :ices_rofl:
I thought maybe that lever would hold the metering diaphram down to open the inlet valve manually. Never seen a carb like that!

Oh I noticed it but it's so ridiculous I didn't even comment. That's 7HP!
The picture with the labelled saw components is equally hilarious.

Here are a couple of pictures of a TK clone I keep as a diagnostic aid/emergency backup on older Shindaiwa brushcutters and the like:

i-Ssv5HW7-XL.jpg
i-PFTxpdK-L.jpg

It doesn't show too well but the lever acts directly on the metering diaphragm, nothing in between.
Works well enough for what it is but I don't want to find out how long the diaphragm would last in the real world...

Found this. Bad spelling but here's the caption.
"This is an "Oulegon" 78cc Chinese Chainsaw. This is the first cuts with it. As you can tell the carb isn't adjusted yet. Still not very impressive, 6.5 hp yeah right LOL! Enjoy and laugh away."

Not 6,5 hp;
It's about 3 kw (4 hp) and at about 78cc, long stroke - I guess it has some torque when run in. Power head weighs 9 or 10 kg, no chain brake. Looks sweet though.

I finally got around to running this thing today, had to retune the carburetor because the idle was set way high and the duck bill in the fuel cap was sealed shut. It definitely has the old homelite sound and is equally loud. It cuts well and the chain is decent enough. I'll upload a video of it cutting tonight or tomorrow.

It cuts wood just fine and pulls .404 fairly well, the oiler took a little work to get it functional but is simpler than putting in a light bulb. The carburetor is sensitive to minor changes and less than a 1/4 turn on The high and low make a big difference and the diaphragm lever is the primer.

IMG_20200421_142738627.jpgIMG_20200421_142743548.jpg

I sounds like it needs compression...but then its so rare to hear a reed valve 2 stroke Anymore

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I sounds like it needs compression...but then its so rare to hear a reed valve 2 stroke Anymore

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

It definitely needed a proper sharpening when I did that video because it was trying to cut in a circle. I need to do another video where the mic on my phone isn't stuck between two pieces of wood also.

Here are a couple of pictures of a TK clone I keep as a diagnostic aid/emergency backup on older Shindaiwa brushcutters and the like:

i-Ssv5HW7-XL.jpg
i-PFTxpdK-L.jpg

It doesn't show too well but the lever acts directly on the metering diaphragm, nothing in between.
Works well enough for what it is but I don't want to find out how long the diaphragm would last in the real world...
Actually works quite well and reliably in combination with a primer bulb (no cranking needed to fill the carb).

Those saws look similar to a Partner R11 with the rear handle of a R12. Be interesting to take one apart.

Latest posts

Back