How many Chainsaws do you own?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a serious problem with old, heavy, and loud saws.
Dont care what color they are.
Cant remember now how many I have hidden here for future projects. The yellow and old red ones(homelite) seem to be the easier and most satisfying to get going.
Maybe I have a problem, but its harder to spot than someone who collects antique School busses. (Ive seen those, thats a person whos DEFINITELY not ashamed of his addiction)

The list is short a few down below, maybe 5

How many did you have when you came to AS Todd?

I came here with an over oiling echo 500VL and a 52cc china fantastic. Between this place and a few guys on you tube there was no hope for me lol I now look for saws everywhere and axes and wood dam it wood I can't stop looking for trees that need to come down even hours from home I'm still looking for firewood without even realizing.

I've got 3 years worth at home now and I'm selling quite a bit too not for a profit... you guys know why saws haha saws saws saws parts for saws chains for saws bars for saws or just more saws.

You know it's bad when things get neglected for.... saws

Still got that echo too not exactly fast but it's no turd eather. Any way bla bla. saws

I'm not sure but I'm guessing 4 to7. I had my 3400 , homelite 150 auto and my stihl 251 and I got a 4000 off flebay. I was looking for some help with the 4000 is when I found AS. I had bought a 3400 and was texting him and he asked if I was interested in a 4000 that was all there but needed some help. I remember how hard my heart was beating when I hit the buy button, he went thru flebay for the buy and I was afraid that someone would see it and buy before I could so he listed it in some odd place. I didn't know how to run a computer very well at that time. The 4000 had the wrong carb on it was why he couldn't get it to run. This place is hell on the wallet just like flebay

I'm not sure but I'm guessing 4 to7. I had my 3400 , homelite 150 auto and my stihl 251 and I got a 4000 off flebay. I was looking for some help with the 4000 is when I found AS. I had bought a 3400 and was texting him and he asked if I was interested in a 4000 that was all there but needed some help. I remember how hard my heart was beating when I hit the buy button, he went thru flebay for the buy and I was afraid that someone would see it and buy before I could so he listed it in some odd place. I didn't know how to run a computer very well at that time. The 4000 had the wrong carb on it was why he couldn't get it to run. This place is hell on the wallet just like flebay

Ahh so that was the 1st 4000 and the rest is history.

Yeah its hell on the wallet but so is any other hobby/adiction/passion but atleast this one keeps wood on the fire and can even sorta pay for itself

I have been close to 50 at times with over 30 runners.

I am way down now after last winter's fun (not really) with Lyme's. I think at the moment I have 4 modern runners, 8 more near runners (IE just need carb cleaning or similar), 2 builders that will be rebuilt/ported by Carl, and a couple more project saws in need of more than basic work. Plus a growing boneyard of Homelites and Poulans. I come across a lot of 33/35/42 cc Poulan and SXL/XL-12 family of Homelite so I am building up a supply of parts so I can hopefully do basic repairs for both of those families with my spare parts.

I never realized I had a problematic addiction (still in denial) But I acknowledge my shed is too small.. Stopped looking for 056 MAGNUM II saws after 15.. 2 are pristine but used. Have 2 that are less than ?10? off from one another on the serial numbers...
Have 30 or 40 runners 50 or 60 really nice projects, a van (E 150 Ford) with 20 or 30, 20 or so in an old trailer house and some in a bus over at the mill yard. That is how I deal with too many saws I only see a few at a time so my conscience is combobulated but clear..

I never realized I had a problematic addiction (still in denial) But I acknowledge my shed is too small.. Stopped looking for 056 MAGNUM II saws after 15.. 2 are pristine but used. Have 2 that are less than ?10? off from one another on the serial numbers...
Have 30 or 40 runners 50 or 60 really nice projects, a van (E 150 Ford) with 20 or 30, 20 or so in an old trailer house and some in a bus over at the mill yard. That is how I deal with too many saws I only see a few at a time so my conscience is combobulated but clear..
And not a one has been ported YET.:nofunny:

pioneers.
bout 30 others that run.
nice to be able to run somethin different.
esp, when someone thinks they got the latest greatest...

Something different in deed, you should see the looks when I pull out an old Titan flip over bar and knaw off a few sticks, saws sure were different back in 1945.

I'm at 7 (I think). Not really in the market but have an eye on a few if a deal shows up. Can't really say I "need" anything although a 70cc plus saw would be a nice addition. Now and then I overwork the 036Pro as it's my biggest. Of course I made it a lot of years with a Jonsereds 49SP as my only / big saw.

Back