Has anyone sold/purchased many chainsaws on Arborist Site?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you sold/purchased any Chainsaw on Arborist Site?

• sold/purchased 1 or more Chainsaws on AS

Votes: 62 57.4%
  • never bought/sold anything on AS

Votes: 29 26.9%
  • always buying chainsaws, but never on AS

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • would buy more chainsaws if the right deal showed up on AS

Votes: 11 10.2%

• Total voters
I have bought parts, sent a saw to a member for postage and made a trade.
All honest and great to deal with.

Saw Dr. is a very honest person.

I have traded saws, shipped parts and complete saws out for the cost of postage, and have bought saws.
Great bunch of people here and we all seem to be in the same boat, wanting to add to our collection or needing help getting the saw going to heat the house or keeping a job.

Last edited:
I have bought and sold here no problems I do state exactly what it is with pics.
I consider the cost when buying and try to leave room in the price if it needs a refresh. I don’t skimp on the refresh it gets what it needs.

Wow, revival of an 9 year old thread. We may have a new record!
We've had two others in the last week that were in the 10-11 year range. Worse part, I started to answer them and saw how old they were, and went back and reread them. Low and behold, I answered them 10 years ago and didn't remember it, with the same answer I was typing this time. At least I'm consistent.

Bought a couple and sold a couple. All sales went well except one saw from a prominent member that was misrepresented. Life goes on. I would buy a saw here before I would buy on Ebay.

I bought my 462 from a member here. Fantastic transaction.

A feedback/rating system would be great, especially since we're sometimes dealing with four digit numbers. Mine was, but after talking to him on the phone I felt comfortable proceeding with the transaction.

I believe you stand a whole lot better chance of getting a fair deal here than on auction sites, but I still go over and have a look now and then. I believe you also stand a better chance of getting a well-kept saw here.

I don't think that this site has any desire to get into the saw selling business.
Already have a trading post....so that's already a problem.

A rating system that could weed out problem members would be a nice feature. Almost every single forum that has a vibrant classifieds section has a solid rating/feedback system.

Latest posts

Back