Poulan 315 50th anniversary muffler melting brake

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the saw from my grandfather hand brake was melted cause exhaust dumps out right at the brakes handle where it meets cover bought a new 50th brake cover off eBay not realizing it was the muffler and melted it in five minutes. Knowing now how rare that cover was I kick myself in the butt. My partner won’t oil so I welded a piece of metal on muffler to kick exhaust out so I don’t melt my off colored orange cover till I figure something out

I got the saw from my grandfather hand brake was melted cause exhaust dumps out right at the brakes handle where it meets cover bought a new 50th brake cover off eBay not realizing it was the muffler and melted it in five minutes. Knowing now how rare that cover was I kick myself in the butt. My partner won’t oil so I welded a piece of metal on muffler to kick exhaust out so I don’t melt my off colored orange cover till I figure something out
Can’t find much info on this model, but I’d take the muffler off and inspect to see if there’s a blockage or missing deflector.

Can’t find much info on this model, but I’d take the muffler off and inspect to see if there’s a blockage or missing deflector.
I agree, it could be a deflector.

Is it possible the spark arrestor cover is turned the wrong direction or missing completely?
This could cause the exhaust to exit 180 degrees or straight out.
I’m not familiar with that model, but it is worth looking at

Back