Husky 268 & 42 special, Value?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyboy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Looking at buy ing a Husky 268 and a 42 Special. Pros , Cons, What are they worth? Parts availability. Are they good saws? They were rental units in a store closeout. Seem to look in decent shape. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I have a 036 , 028S,

You will be happy with them. Probably 400 and 250 respectively on the open market is value if they run and look good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I had done a search but it seemed most discussions were about the P&C. I did find a few online listings and they were close to what you suggested. I’ll have to think about it as I would flip them and not sure I would want to put the effort into them. I did see a NOS 42 Special that went for 775 $. Maybe someone wanted a shelf queen. Yikes!!

Well no pictures don’t help valuing them, but if they look good.... I mentioned open market not here because guys here never want to pay market price lol. Additionally, husqvarna carries more notoriety then makita/dolmar in the open market, so yes if they don’t look like junk and clean up well... that’s what I’d value them at selling to someone on Craigslist or Facebook marketplace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seals have been made available in the last six months. I just put a set in two days ago. P&C is the real shortfall.

seals have been made available in the last six months. I just put a set in two days ago. P&C is the real shortfall.
Which seals are we talking about? Are there any other models that a p/c would fit this model? Thanks

Latest posts

Back