Best Fuel Resistant Fuel line.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigbubdaddyGus

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
What is the Best Fuel Resistant Fuel line?
I ve been buying Tygon on eBay but I think alot of it is Chinese knockoff look like because it hasn't performed like I think it should.
I don't buy ethanol free gas, but I am going to start. I dose my less than 10% ethanol gas up with Sea Foam ( to stabilize) and marvel mystery oil and that may cause it to deteriorate too.
What is everyone using in the tank hose that seems to hold up best?

Echo is good, make sure you get genuine. Sawagain is where I got mine.

I've wondered this myself, it will make your head spin trying to figure out what is the "good" stuff on EBAY and what is garbage, and there are enormous differences in the quality of clear fuel lines.

I've actually had good luck with the Arnold's brand stuff from Lowe's, etc

HIPA fuel line has been good for me so far, and their carb kits have been decent thus far too. I would give Stens a try if I were shopping around as I've had good experience with their stuff in general, but I don't have any personal experience with their fuel line to actually say whether it's good or not.

ive used a lot of HIPA stuff too, with good results.

This thread reminded me of how i have an older Craftsman push mower that about 10 years ago the fuel line rotted off. All i had laying around was some 1/4 vinyl hose so i stuck a piece on, and to this day it's holding, although it is now hard as plastic, but not leaking!

This is how genuine Tygon F-4040 looks like:

i-TLVTLLN-XL.jpg

To the best of my knowledge all knockoffs are a different hue of yellow and aren't stamped "Saint-Gobain".

As an aside can anyone recommend an online source for Echo/Shindaiwa fuel tube rolls? It's a dealer-only item here and the local Saint-Gobain dealer has stopped carrying the smallest sizes, those you generally need the most.
Thanks.

I've wondered this myself, it will make your head spin trying to figure out what is the "good" stuff on EBAY and what is garbage, and there are enormous differences in the quality of clear fuel lines.

I've actually had good luck with the Arnold's brand stuff from Lowe's, etc

Napa automotive sometimes has the good stuff. (tygon)

I rolled the dice and bought a tygon kit of different sizes from Amazon and got lucky and it is the good stuff.

I rolled the dice and bought a tygon kit of different sizes from Amazon and got lucky and it is the good stuff.

I will have to look, I'm a fan of Napa, i feel like a lot of the parts they carry are of better quality than other stores. Thanks for the tip!

Thanks again.
I have a pretty high consumption of 3x5mm lines. 3x6mm is the stuff that rarely gets used.
Tygon in those sizes is getting extremely hard to come by. I haven't seen genuine 3x5mm for sale in over a year and even 3x6mm is getting scarce. Apparently Saint-Gobain is not interested in supporting that market anymore.

There's an Italian firm called RMS that manufactures and markets fuel lines for mopeds and scooters: they have the sizes but I have no idea how long those lines hold up to the junk we are forced to call fuel...

Could you share which one you bought? I could use a small assortment.

Latest posts

Back