Can anybody here do a carbon fiber clutch cover.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jkstihl

Chainsaws make me fap.
Reaction score
Can anybody here do a carbon fiber clutch cover? Not an actual carbon fiber clutch cover but just to look like carbon fiber. I guess a wrap would be the way to go? If this is something i can do myself what is a good kit?

Can anybody here do a carbon fiber clutch cover? Not an actual carbon fiber clutch cover but just to look like carbon fiber. I guess a wrap would be the way to go? If this is something i can do myself what is a good kit?
You could go to a wrap shop for cars

You can get hydro dipping kits on amazon for pretty cheap. I don’t think they have a very steep learning curve either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How do you apply it to a clutch cover in and around the clutch cover securing nuts?

I’ve used window washer fluid with decals to work out air bubbles to the edges. I wonder if a hair dryer would help in the carbon fiber being more flexible.?

How do you apply it to a clutch cover in and around the clutch cover securing nuts?

I’ve used window washer fluid with decals to work out air bubbles to the edges. I wonder if a hair dryer would help in the carbon fiber being more flexible.?

Im thinking a dip would be best at this point, to fill all nooks and crannies easily..there is a kit you can buy where you dip the part into it. Researching them now.

I would dip it. And if you mess up the dip it would still look pretty darn cool.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Haha dam...looks like my kid got ahold of it...just messin w ya...dip seems to be the way to go so far

I had never tried to wrap anything before and didn't really take my time. Became apparent pretty quickly I would have to spend a good amount of time on it and that wasn't happening.

Didn’t we see the dip carbon fiber being used on tv? Duck dynasty or gas monkey garage?

The first cover pictured up there would probably be doable by first hand layup and then followed by vacuum pressing a layer of thin fine twill weave carbon fiber (expensive) and laminating epoxy on to it, the second one would be more difficult with the letters an all that.
I would also be possible to produce it entirely in carbon fiber by making a mold, but that would be a complicated, time consuming and expensive project as well, perhaps especially because of the chain adjustment mechanics on the inside.

Back