575xp?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbeggs

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Ok guys I'm a lurker here but use saws to cut firewood and I'm looking for advice. I have a 350 Husqvarna, a 2159 jonsered and need a bigger saw and found a Husqvarna 575 for sale in what seems like good shape so and was wondering what the consensus is here amoung the experts about the 575xp.

Lots of love for the 575, it led to the development and was overshadowed by the 576. If you can pick one up at a good price, go for it. It'll make a great complement to your smaller saws.

I have a husqvarna 575 for years now, runs awesome. These weren’t cheap when new but if she runs great for the right price I’d buy it,

First off, never used it, only held it at the dealer.
It felt heavier then the dolkita 79xx (not by much though, might have been the bar). Bit less power.
Double the price (it was a second hand, in the shop, and still way more expencive then a new 79xx).
I tested 390xp (same new price as the 576xp) and bought the dolkita. But the 390xp was tempting.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

Ok guys I'm a lurker here but use saws to cut firewood and I'm looking for advice. I have a 350 Husqvarna, a 2159 jonsered and need a bigger saw and found a Husqvarna 575 for sale in what seems like good shape so and was wondering what the consensus is here amoung the experts about the 575xp.
Take carb cleaner with you, start it and spray around clutch side bearing, if it stalls, needs a new bearing. Good saws and easy to work on.

I appreciate all the replies but after some research sounds like there are some issues with this model so I think ill wait and try to find a 576xp or may just go with a 372xp. I need at least a 24in bar to handle the big red oaks that im cutting for firewood. My 2159 actually cuts everything I throw at it and wants more just need a bigger saw for backup thatll run a longer bar, and kinda jumped the gun on funds so im gonna have to wait a bit.

I appreciate all the replies but after some research sounds like there are some issues with this model so I think ill wait and try to find a 576xp or may just go with a 372xp. I need at least a 24in bar to handle the big red oaks that im cutting for firewood. My 2159 actually cuts everything I throw at it and wants more just need a bigger saw for backup thatll run a longer bar, and kinda jumped the gun on funds so im gonna have to wait a bit.
Suit yourself, but don't put too much attention in the bad reviews on the 575. I own both and here in the real world theres not a dimes worth of difference between the 2 of them. I bought my first 575 years ago when Husqvarna decided to replace the 372. After a while they saw that people still wanted the 372 and brought it back. I never went back to the 3 series saws, but instead kept going with the 5 series because they are smoother and cut just as good or maybe better than the 3 series. The 575 was eventually replaced with the 576 and Ive bought several of those too.

575 is a dang good saw. I used them for years professionally and found them to be on par or slightly better than the legendary 372 and smoother running to boot.

I hear this a lot. Can’t always go by a bad review. We’re running three used husky 570’s that’s said to be negative on reviews. I own around ten of these purchased used. But I run 38:1 on the mix.

My 575 Xp I purchased new still runs awesome.

This year I really want to use huskys a bit more. I only have a 236xt which is just a plastic poulan, a 445 rancher which my dad gave to me because he broke it somehow and a vintage l77 that needs carb work.
Im thinking if I buy a new saw this year (which is unlikely) I will go with either a 390 or 385.

Back