Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got all of the eucalyptus brought home finally going to start cutting it up today. View attachment 789255

that eucalyptus have an interest smell when you burn it...... like eucalyptus oil’s?

That would be AWSOME!

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Dancan, I actually miss Clint like crazy. I remember when the Jeep slid off on him, that was crazy!! But we used to have some good posts way back then. I came over to this section when I got tired of the pissing match over in Chainsaw about who the best builder was..... firewood always was the end result for me, yeah I love engines and a chainsaw is a hand held engine. But bottom line is, keeping my family warm was the priority.

Well boys, the land owner said 8am I can start cutting. I’m about 10 deep and the eyes are heavy. Thinking about calling it a night but my man Rooster Cogburn is on the trail of some guy named Tom Channey..... dunno if I’m gonna stay awake for the final shootout or zonk out.

Well boys, the land owner said 8am I can start cutting. I’m about 10 deep and the eyes are heavy. Thinking about calling it a night but my man Rooster Cogburn is on the trail of some guy named Tom Channey..... dunno if I’m gonna stay awake for the final shootout or zonk out.
You will be fine have about 10 more that way your primed and ready to go tomorrow. I find that works good well at least for this Matt. In my younger years I was good for a 30 pack

Got gone after work and used the waiting daylight to grab some wood from my neighbors house. He told me take it all and it’s probably a good thing I am because it won’t be much good after another year in the elements. We are taking down a double digit number of trees for him this summer so he’ll have more wood that he’ll know what to do with.

I took the first rack tonight. A lot of Zogger wood and punky stuff which isn’t great for the boiler but it’s drive to accessible and I loaded the rack in about 20 minutes. I’ll probably grab the other rack tomorrow after I cut a load of blowdown off his land.

4F13ED33-D78F-4895-BF98-AF456C0F4CA5.jpeg 4F9E8EFF-23A0-444F-995F-97CFAA2C7CFD.jpeg

Back