Alert Jred saws on eBay not as advertised

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a sharp looking saw. Having a 70 cc ish saw with a wrap would be perfect as it can still be used for bucking and (if needed) some limbing. Then you have your lighter zippy limbing saws and a big cube non-wrapped saw for bucking and stumping.

Yep, I like bucking with a wrap saw too, but flush cutting stumps isn't as much fun with a wrap. If I'm doing yard trees I'll get them low enough that they can drive/push a mower over them, that takes a lot of time with a wrap(longer bar helps, but that means more cutters to file after hitting dirt :eek:), unless I'm on a bit of a grade, then it doesn't matter as much.

Yep, I like bucking with a wrap saw too, but flush cutting stumps isn't as much fun with a wrap. If I'm doing yard trees I'll get them low enough that they can drive/push a mower over them, that takes a lot of time with a wrap(longer bar helps, but that means more cutters to file after hitting dirt :eek:), unless I'm on a bit of a grade, then it doesn't matter as much.

May i suggest a stump grinder?

As long as it fits on the kitchen island
:laugh:
May i suggest a stump grinder?
I put that out there, but in the end that's money folks don't want to spend. There are times when their needed, but that's something I'd farm out even though I'm set up for the dirt work portion, renting or buying a grinder just doesn't make sense right now. Mini skid is higher on my list, just haven't figured out how to get it on the island yet lol.

Having run a stump grinder in hardwood stumps, I'll happily dull a semi chisel chain to remove a few inches before the grinding starts. Perhaps the equation would be different if I was using a turbo diesel grinder with a remote control and about 60hp.
Am trying to find a good one for the back of my tractor but so far found very few robust, good options. Maybe a skid steer grinder mounted to the tractor FEL and a PTO pump on the back to get the GPM.

I'd like to see one of these on a small tractor and if the tail would wag the dog.

Back