What’s your favorite smaller cc saw.?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what happens when you take them to the woods. It's a Husky thing:numberone:.
That's the first time I ever saw one of his saws dirty. He usually has them wrapped up in a cashmere blankie. My Stihls cut so fast the dirt doesn't have time collect on them.:rock2::cheers:

Homelite xl-1 with 16"bar/.325 Stihl rs chain.
I just got through refurbishing one of these and an XL2, a pair of Super 2's and a 330. My entire opinion of Homies has been adjusted upward. These puppies can run like bandits.

I am a bit surprised that nobody has mentioned the Stihl 026 PRO. I have a pair of these that refuse to die.

My favorite for right now is my MS 250 Stihl with 18" bar.A correctly sharpened chain and this "homeowner" saw does much better than it should given size and price point.If I ever get around to rebuilding my 026,it'll have some competition.

Yeah, what wouldn't be your favorite?

From what I've heard there is a big difference from the 026 to the 260/261 in acceleration, if that doesn't bother you... well it doesn't bother me for sure.

Get angry!

For myself I'm just looking forwards to that Dolly 3200, I've got nothing to prove. What a superior situation that is to be in :hi:

CA08AC7A-5020-4CD6-9B18-7E3DDE1D7F1E.jpeg 7EF80DCA-EDE2-4A9A-A69E-B9739EE745D5.jpeg Little “top handle” Poulan my kids assembled with me last summer. Only thing they didn’t do was gap the ring, they were 3 and 5 at the time. Great little thing around the house, don’t take it on stump job with me though. I love it cause my kids ease till built it, and it cuts wood.

I've never owned or run a 346XP, but they have a cult like following, I Hope to add one to my Collection, er, uhm, ADDICTION some day.

I have been curious about the 543XP, but just haven't heard much either way on them, surprisingly not discussed very often, they seem to be Husky's "Forgotten saw"

Of the saws that I have I like both my 353 and 550XP OE.

The 353 starts better, the 550XP, takes longer than I like to self tune, and settle in, especially if I have changed elevation by a significant amount since I last ran it, once it tunes itself and smooths out, it is Impressive.

If it is a quick couple cuts, I reach for the 353, if I am going to be doing a lot of cutting near the limit of a 50cc saw, I grab the 550XP, Love them both.

Doug :cheers:

I've never owned or run a 346XP, but they have a cult like following, I Hope to add one to my Collection, er, uhm, ADDICTION some day.

I have been curious about the 543XP, but just haven't heard much either way on them, surprisingly not discussed very often, they seem to be Husky's "Forgotten saw"

Of the saws that I have I like both my 353 and 550XP OE.

The 353 starts better, the 550XP, takes longer than I like to self tune, and settle in, especially if I have changed elevation by a significant amount since I last ran it, once it tunes itself and smooths out, it is Impressive.

If it is a quick couple cuts, I reach for the 353, if I am going to be doing a lot of cutting near the limit of a 50cc saw, I grab the 550XP, Love them both.

Doug :cheers:

It just surprises me that you carry around that 5kg when you didn't have to, that's all. Cheers!

Back