McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haven’t done any “real” cutting with it, just a test cut in some maple chunks I have. I hope I can save the 7-10 but if not I got a really cool air filter cover out of it. It’s a “winged” cover that I’ve never seen before. I’ll get pics when I get home.

Aww yea still give ya an idea how they run though. Different beast from the 54cc for sure.

Is the winged cover the winter kit style?

Can anyone tell me how to measure chain for a bow bar
803dcd411106d8f1e8eec0a7f5a1b559.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

DSC06647.JPG

DSC06648.JPG

I have never seen that AF cover on anything other than an SP60 or SP80... O.K., one exception...

20180818_090533.jpg

20180818_090520.jpg

...actually two exceptions, this was a 10-10 that I received with that same AF cover.

DSCN2439.JPG

Notice the difference in the cover on the 7-10 & 10-10 compared to the SP models. The ones with the "pitched" side are much heavier, thicker and seem to be cast from aluminum rather than magnesium. I think those were some of the uniquely European saws like the 295 and 595 (if I remember the numbers correctly), European versions of the Super 250 and Super 550.

Mark

View attachment 789411

View attachment 789412

I have never seen that AF cover on anything other than an SP60 or SP80... O.K., one exception...

View attachment 789425

View attachment 789426

...actually two exceptions, this was a 10-10 that I received with that same AF cover.

View attachment 789428

Notice the difference in the cover on the 7-10 & 10-10 compared to the SP models. The ones with the "pitched" side are much heavier, thicker and seem to be cast from aluminum rather than magnesium. I think those were some of the uniquely European saws like the 295 and 595 (if I remember the numbers correctly), European versions of the Super 250 and Super 550.

Mark

I've been meaning to ask you if you have a 4300 Mark.

If you do, could you post a pic of it?

Thanks

That’s really the only reason I bid on it. Never seen one like that. Figured it was worth it in parts even if it was blown up.
I know its been answered, but i also have a super 7-10 with that cover on it. Its a very clean saw made in belgium. Pretty cool. 20200118_172033.jpg 20200118_172054.jpg

OK, by now everyone should know I'm cheap, I don't like paying more than $10 or $20 at best for old saws. I posted about this one a while back. While visiting friends in NC I found an old saw shop with a Mac 200 under the work bench. He said it was running and he wanted $50 for it. My wife is going back to visit, and they are supposed to go by and see if it's still there. I told her to offer $35, that's over my max, but it is supposed to be running.

Now, at our friends house he had his FIL's old Mac. He said it was junk and wouldn't run. He didn't have a socket or wrench to pull the plug, so I just pulled the plug wire off. It had spark, so I put a shot of mix in it and it fired right up and kept running. Runs and sounds great. It's missing the flag handle for the chain break. Since we were last down to visit, I've kind of developed a hankering for a 10-10. It's a Pro Mac 10-10S. I tried to talk him into an electric chainsaw because he just never uses power equipment. So, what should I offer a friend for a saw he doesn't need? It does need the chain brake handle.

NorthEast Tennessee Saturday MAC Report

Soggy day in North East Tennessee. Got worse when I learned that the Woodlot has been turning new cutting jobs away due to all the wood already on the ground, thus no new cutting assignments for Blind Squirrel and associates. To preserve our cutting future, Brian, Lee and I went into loading and hauling mode. The Deere and I loaded. Brian, Lee and the faithful F150 hauled and unloaded. Probably have close to five more loads on the ground at today's site not counting several loads that are still standing (our little reserve for a no wind day as all are tricky falls).

Brian left his 800 with me to shorten up some logs to fit the dump trailer. What fun. His 800 in its rebuilt state seems to have as much power as it did in its pre-catastrophe too lean state. In other words, at least to me it seemed to run noticeably faster than my favorite 800. Nice sharp chain didn't hurt. At the risk of being run off this thread, it was also nicer to my unmuffled ears with its stock muffler than running my 800.

From the chainsaw lab comes the question of MACgnesium versus MACluminum. Has anyone identified within the ten series what interchangeable components exist in both metals?

From the accounting department comes the questions with the hot market: 1) Should an inventory reduction of SP125Cs be undertaken? 2) If so, how many should be retained? 3) and 4) Same questions for adjustable jet 125 carbs.

The lab and marketing department and accounting are at each other's throats over the future of the 101B saws. Citing the 2017 disaster with the rebuild of the authentic PNW 101B, the unfinished kart carbed 101B sleeper project, related incomplete 101B projects and the incomplete secret ten series project, accounting says something has to go. The ten series project seems secure for now though everyone sees an untested weak component that could result in significant cost overrun. Accounting has its eyes on the $$$ resting in all the 101B parts (including the spare motor), but also makes a good argument that a .100 over piston needed to resurrect the PNW original cylinder is likely unobtainable. Personally, I am torn as I have put a lot of effort into the PNW saw.

PNW 101B as acquired - blowing 196 psi with a mysterious binding rod.
IMG_2047.JPG

One and only time I ran it - not even broke-in from Brian's rebuild.

Ron

This valuable report is provided through the the generous support of MacNuts like you and Blind Squirrel Falling, one of America's greatest imaginary businesses

So, what should I offer a friend for a saw he doesn't need?

If he's your friend, I wouldn't risk insulting him with what appears to be your usual offer range. Instead I'd ask him what he'd take for it and go from there. If he's done any research at all (even on junky 10-10 prices) he'll know a nice running 10-10S can fetch upwards of a couple hundred bucks in some circles.

If you're his friend, maybe he'll just give it to ya or trade ya for somethin' of more practical value to him.

Good luck with both the 250 and the 10-10. If you get em both for 100~125 bux I'd say you had a mighty good day.

Latest posts

Back