Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go back about 4 pages. Todd is testing 1 now :) hopefully in not too many months:)

Thank you I went today to check it out. The 3800 was gone. But he had a 3400 and a 2000 woodsman. The 3400 was kinda rough but looked to be complete the 2000 was nice. I got the both for 40 don't think I did to good on the price but I drove to get them and was coming home with a saw lol.

I want the 3800 but this will be my first big saw every thing else I have is a plastic poulan or little stihl. I checked the compression and it was at 120 psi seemed a little low where should this saw be at? My plastic saw get to 150 but both my little 2000 woodsman get to 120.

Attachments

• 20200119_144629.jpg
    20200119_144629.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 21
  • 20200119_144638.jpg
    20200119_144638.jpg
    8.6 MB · Views: 18
  • 20200119_144644.jpg
    20200119_144644.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
She's a little ugly but I want to clean it all up. It's funny I burn about a cord to a cord and a half a year in my little insert. Up till this year I used a stihl 211c and that was my only saw. Usually I have a jeep project in the garage every winter to keep me busy. Well this year no jeep stuff so I figured I could use a extra saw. Now so far this winter I have bought 9 saws all little plastic poulans but there so cheap and easy. Lol I have enough saws to cut for a long time now.

Anyone have a line on where a guy can procure decals for these saws? I'm looking for the clutch cover decal and the thin one for the air filter cover. Any insider info would be greatly appreciated.
Also interested in a set of inner and outer spikes that are regular profile to replace the goofy factory one. Not sure if there are others from another model that will fit or someone who makes them.
View attachment 787641
View attachment 787642

This is the air filter cover one I'm talking about. I have no idea what the one for the Pro 380 says on it.
View attachment 787643
Sharp....what mount pattern of bar did you end up putting on that 380?

No they are not, I can quit any time I want, but I chose not to. Collecting is too much fun as long as the billfold will let me.

Steve Sidwell
Hey Steve ,
Have you seen anything interesting lately for sale ? I haven’t been looking like I should . The largemouth have been killing it at Clark Hill !

No they are not, I can quit any time I want, but I chose not to. Collecting is too much fun as long as the billfold will let me.

Steve Sidwell
Get all the covers off give it a good dung out and see what ya got. Pull the muffler and have a gander at the piston but it will run sweet on that compression.

A nice solid mag saw now your into the "real" stuff and will be 1 of many many more lol

Will the 3400 run the 20" bar ok

I can’t wait. Hopefully testing will pan out.

It'll work out, no problem. Even if there proves to be some issues we'll use them to improve the replica and make it as good as possible. I'm just doing my due diligence to ensure something good hits the market.

You can rest assured I will have them available. ASAP.

Promise!

Back