David Bradley chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffreyZirkle

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Guy wants 100.00 for it. Is it worth it?
5b6bb4a876ab157a403780ef1ec95f83.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I personally wouldn’t pay that much for it unless it was mechanically perfect and had a relatively new chain on it. Those 1/2” pitch chains are hard to come by.

They’re not a saw you’re going to cut much with. They’re very heavy, have no vibration control and safety wasn’t even an afterthought. You’re buying a curiosity and collectors piece, but not something you will ever use much as a woodcutting tool. That’s the problem with almost all of those cool old saws from the 1950’s. Go forward another 10 years or so and you can buy a McCulloch or a Homelite that you’ll actually want to work with.

I have that same saw. Paid $40 for it and two other saws at a swap meet and it had been there all day and it ran with very little work if that tells you anything. I think they are only worth anything to a saw collector to put on the shelf.

I have that same saw. Paid $40 for it and two other saws at a swap meet and it had been there all day and it ran with very little work if that tells you anything. I think they are only worth anything to a saw collector to put on the shelf.

I paid $40 for my own David Bradley. The guy I bought it from said it hadn’t been run in over 20 years, but bit of futzing around I got it running good enough. On any other saw I’d have thrown the chain away, (the teeth are almost gone), but considering that a used one will probably cost me $100, I just sharpened it really aggressively. The rakers are extremely hungry and given how much torque it has and how slowly it runs that seems to work well.

I paid $40 for my own David Bradley. The guy I bought it from said it hadn’t been run in over 20 years, but bit of futzing around I got it running good enough. On any other saw I’d have thrown the chain away, (the teeth are almost gone), but considering that a used one will probably cost me $100, I just sharpened it really aggressively. The rakers are extremely hungry and given how much torque it has and how slowly it runs that seems to work well.
Sounds like $40 is the going rate on these saws to me.

That’s about all I’d pay for one, assuming I was interested in it. I see some of those old 2 man saws for sale from time to time, and while they are really cool, what the hell are you ever going to do with one?

Nothing more than thought someone on the board would be interested in the contact info.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back