Hydro dip

• Thread starter Deleted member 149229
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Deleted member 149229

Does anybody on here do hydro dip or know of a reputable source? I have an engine cowl and air filter cover I want done. PM me details. Thanks.

There is a guy, but I don't remember his name. It may have been in the 660kit saw build thread. He posted pics of a couple he did. One was the American flag. It looked good.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Thanks. I’ll try to find it.

I looked through it some, but it's over 2000 posts and I'm not 100 percent sure that's where I saw it. I also googled hydrodip kits. I saw some for $59, not sure what they include because I know nothing about it, but it may be the cheapest way to go.

I looked through it some, but it's over 2000 posts and I'm not 100 percent sure that's where I saw it. I also googled hydrodip kits. I saw some for $59, not sure what they include because I know nothing about it, but it may be the cheapest way to go.

I looked at the kits too. But for the cost of a second kit if I would screw up the first I would be better off paying someone to do it. I have couple leads about 2 hours from me, gonna call them tomorrow. Thanks.

I looked at the kits too. But for the cost of a second kit if I would screw up the first I would be better off paying someone to do it. I have couple leads about 2 hours from me, gonna call them tomorrow. Thanks.
Glad you got some leads. Good luck.

I do not but I think the things I did are around here somewhere. I'll see what I can find. I only did an old game controller and a couple side of the road hubcaps. It was fun and I had ideas but just like everything else, no time. All you really need is a container of water big enough for what your doing and the film.

I do not but I think the things I did are around here somewhere. I'll see what I can find. I only did an old game controller and a couple side of the road hubcaps. It was fun and I had ideas but just like everything else, no time. All you really need is a container of water big enough for what your doing and the film.
So something like a plastic tote would work fine for chainsaw covers? I thought about trying it, but like you, too many hobbies, not enough time.

All I used was a big plastic tote, that is full of other shite now. The hardest part is keeping your hands steady first time. Youtube has alot of videos and the results are amazing. I spent late night hours watching them. I have been building a garage and hope to get back into it if i ever finish. I never thought about doing chainsaw plastic until now.

All I used was a big plastic tote, that is full of other shite now. The hardest part is keeping your hands steady first time. Youtube has alot of videos and the results are amazing. I spent late night hours watching them. I have been building a garage and hope to get back into it if i ever finish. I never thought about doing chainsaw plastic until now.
You had the key word in there, steady. Since my stoke my hands have tremors. Sometimes on a good day they aren’t real bad, on bad days my bucking cuts make me wonder if I forgot to sharpen the chain. Worst part for me is the big random jerks. I could ruin a dip process very quickly with one of those.

You had the key word in there, steady. Since my stoke my hands have tremors. Sometimes on a good day they aren’t real bad, on bad days my bucking cuts make me wonder if I forgot to sharpen the chain. Worst part for me is the big random jerks. I could ruin a dip process very quickly with one of those.
Sorry to hear that brother. I didn't realize you had a stroke. I will add you to my prayer list.

Sorry to hear that. When I say steady it is more just a commitment to drop the item in. I over thought the first time trying to make the plunge and I did not need to. Just grab your piece and go, the film is surprisingly resilient. I only did junk stuff first in preparing for better items and they came out really well.

Thanks. I know people worse than me, the LORD has brought me a long way. That’s why this is my favorite verse. Joshua 1:9

I don't know you brother but "Dahmer" just got added to my prayer list as well.

The entire 1st chapter of Joshua is one of my favorite chapters.

Latest posts

Back