STIHL Progressive Depth Gauge Tool

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last call for round two; I’ll be ordering the gauges tomorrow first thing so if you want to get in on this you need to send a PayPal payment in the next 12 hours. If not there will be a round 3 when there is enough demand

Dang, I lost track of this thread for a few days and missed out.

When you’re read to place another order, I’d be interested in a 3/8 gauge.
I’ve ordered one 3/8 gauge for you. Send payment when ready and I’ll send it to you. No problem at all if you’ve changed your mind

I’ve ordered one 3/8 gauge for you. Send payment when ready and I’ll send it to you. No problem at all if you’ve changed your mind

Sorry...this slipped my mind. Will do!

Just send you the funds, along with my address and name....referenced to my screen name.

Let me know that it comes through OK.

Many thanks,
Nathan - JW51

Hey everyone!
New here, and a noob chainsaw user. :rolleyes:
I just started sharpening my chain. Bought a file with a file guide and a "regular" depth gauge tool from my local Stihl dealer. The results from my first filing were awesome, but I also ordered one of these progressive gauges because i've read good things. I just got it today but i'm wondering if i'm trying to use it correctly... I uploaded a pic, is this the correct way to use the tool? My chain is an Oregon 90PX which is a 3/8 1.1mm low kickback chain. On the hard setting the tool barely reaches the next tie strap, and on the soft setting it doesn't reach the next tie strap at all.
Am I using the tool wrong, or is it simply not compatible with my chain? What is the center cutout for? I suspected the gauge might not be compatible with my chain, and it was cheap so it's not the end of the world if it doesn't work. I got the 3/8 P version, on the box it says it's compatible with a Stihl 61 PMM3 chain, which is a 3/8 1.1 low kickback chain.
At my local Stihl dealer this was the first time they heard about this depth gauge tool, so they couldn't help me how to use it. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20200204_142129.jpg
    IMG_20200204_142129.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 41
Back