Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah bought one, figured out why their so light, stupid floppy caps leak and bar oil and gas is always empty!
They are nice saws but seriously this one is year old and both caps leak, I’ve had 25 year old saws with old style caps that never leaked.

My entire stable is Stihl and all with flippy caps. Over the years around 6-7 different saws. Not one has leaked except when I get carewless and don't properly seat them.

You should take that saw back to the dealer for new caps.

Where did your brake go, saw it was missing the other day when it was in your truck.
Heres one of mine.

Tree came a little too close . Snapped where the brake lever mounts to the case broke the ear off. Never got around to fixing it. Couple of spring pins and some JBweld would do it

Did a bit of fiskaring this morning before taking the boy to school to get the blood flowing. Was about 20* when I went out there. Love it! I’m not down with 70 and raining in the middle of Jan.
d57bf41ec1fae5eaeae301b0832a270a.jpg

Oh yeah here’s the wee lad working on the dolly
791d930fd8baaf96811c7b53447a35a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We never rejetted for under 5k. Don't know how high Nate is but that could make a difference as 2200 isn't really that high. Well....It's high but not that much elevation when it comes to carbs.

It's enough to play havoc with some of your ported traditional carbs saws! I like just starting and running, instead of starting, adjusting and then running!

Well, I got a little delivery today. Guess I can start to have my own little GTG (for a week and a half) before Tax Season with just me, mice elf, and eye!

Attachments

• IMG_20200121_164644908_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200121_164644908_HDR.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20200121_165213112_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200121_165213112_HDR.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20200121_165232730_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200121_165232730_HDR.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 34
Do any of you folks burn bark? Been throwing loads of locust and cherry bark in the stove in the mornings instead of small splits. Saves wood and helps clean up around the stacks.

Does it burn well? I have been chucking loads of bark into the wood behind my stack because I thought it didn’t burn well, but maybe I’m mistaken

Do any of you folks burn bark? Been throwing loads of locust and cherry bark in the stove in the mornings instead of small splits. Saves wood and helps clean up around the stacks.

I keep the larger pieces . The oak bark burns hot and surprisingly long

Does it burn well? I have been chucking loads of bark into the wood behind my stack because I thought it didn’t burn well, but maybe I’m mistaken

The cherry bark burns hot and fast. If I just want to get the stove hot to take the chill off or keep the house warm till the sun takes over I'll use that. The thick locust bark almost burns like small splits. I used to toss all the bark on are burn pile then someone suggested burning it in certain situations was a better use.

Back