BP cuff/sphygmomanometer for pressure test?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This
95ff730f09d791790abc6f154d201bc8.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Use a purge primer. They have check valves in them. Work like a charm. They produce 30lbs of pressure on one side and at least 1.hg vacuum.
I used one with a compound guage from a cheap fuel injection tester for years, until I scored a brand new Stihl $250.00 tech tool in a box of defunct dealer stuff.

I'm gonna try the BP tester first and pump up to the high point of the gauge.Just squeeze the bulb until pressure achieved, close the thumb screw and watch the meter.Whats appealing is you can find these at thrift stores for 5 bucks.Plus I already have one.

I just used the bulb on mine, not the pressure gauge that came with it. I hooked a low pressure gauge to the bulb with rubber hose and a tee fitting then to the saw. Works great on pressure, not too well on vacuum unless I can think of something...

I’ve recently cobbled together pressure and vac test setups for both case and carb through various combinations of:

* automotive vac/ fuel pressure gauge
* Bike/ball pump
* Automotive compression tester hose (remove schraeder valve)
* Cheapo vac brake bleeder
* random bits of hose/tees/ fittings etc.

The brake bleed kit included a little thing that made adapting a basketball needle to the system very easy. If that didn’t work, I had planned to use a blood pressure cuff as you did. I suspect it would have worked fine.

My only new expenditure I had in all this was the $2 Schraeder tool.

i want to use a BP cuff (without the cuff) setup to pressure test chain saws. What is the the equivalent pressure to about 7psi relating to mm/hg that is displayed on the pressure gauge?

I've done this. When used for vacuum I pull the bulb off, suck on that end of the tubing and clamp the tubing to maintain suction. Not precise but it worked.
:D

Latest posts

Back