Rolling big rounds down hill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
russian-gif.789540

Ok so as it turns out, the flintstone wheel is pretty much an enormous PITA to set up. Gotta trim the edges of the round, make sure it’s exactly the right width all the way round, bend the arms of the handle so they fit around the edge, get the bolts in a spot that’s not punky or cracked so they stay put., and to top it all off these rounds are very oval shaped....so yeah, not so efficient. BUT, I’m a man of my word, and I didn’t want to let you guys down, so here is the highly anticipated footage of this ingenious if impractical log moving solution:

1400f114f276dd8fce98801f269d02b5.jpg

I did a few the other day on the hand truck that were already halved by the tree cracking when it fell, that worked fine. Honestly though, I may end up just splitting it all where it lies and carting it down there in a giant wheel barrow. It’s all down hill so that should be hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c'mon people, just two trolleys, one strapped to each end, rope around the log to restrain it. Better to befriend gravity than make it thy enemy.

Is your smooth trail relatively straight. Even if not, why not just shove them off the edge and let’m roll til they stop. The reset them and do it again. And again, etc until they're at the bottom. Ive done that through rocky and brushy woods. Let gravity be your friend. Try a couple and see what you think. Bit of work but beats your other options imho. Course you need to trim branch stubs off to minimize crooked rolling. Just sayin

I like that idea, with video of course.
The big lag screws and lawnmower handle would be neat to watch too.

Back