What's on your bench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[QUOTE = "Evan, post: 7158312, miembro: 32360"] Yota, ¿qué le hiciste a ese manillar?

372xpw todavía está en el banco pero respira de nuevo, la cirugía parece haber salido bien
[MEDIA = youtube] vnma-Ive4l4 [/ MEDIA] [/ QUOTE]
Cadena muy tensa?

Well this should give you guys a good laugh.

I decided today to actually start in on my hybrid 372 build, the crank is already installed, well the very first part I go to install (seal on flywheel side) I discover that is the one part I am missing. For some god only knows reason I ordered all the same seals for the PTO side :dumb:. I put in an order for two of them so now I have to wait until mid next week to try again and figure out what else I forgot :D.

I got in another OEM P/C kit for the hybrid but I plan to use the farmertec cylinder that I ported first to see how it works out and if I like how it runs I will send the OEM cylinder to Yota and have him take whatever I need off the base and then I will port it.
Yota does some nice, clean lathe work and grinding.

Still plugging away at the 182 - 288 hybrid. I've got an issue where the intake and carb won't allow the cylinder to sit all the way down. I've started milling the case away, but has anyone cut a taper onto the intake face of the cylinder to get the carb up higher?

Still plugging away at the 182 - 288 hybrid. I've got an issue where the intake and carb won't allow the cylinder to sit all the way down. I've started milling the case away, but has anyone cut a taper onto the intake face of the cylinder to get the carb up higher?

No, but interesting idea. You shouldn't need to do hardly any grinding with the amount you lowered the jug. The area's it will hit is the screws on the bottom of the carb, and from there the intake horn rear mount might need thinned. I doubt it though for reasons mentioned earlier.

Nothin on the bench so i drug the Jeep project back in it would be done in a couple days if I had time to work on it
Cj7 frame yj body both from Georgia
AMC 360 t18 Tranny Dana 300 transfer case
Dana 30 front amc 20 rear both fully built,chrome molly axles arb air lockers amc 20 trussed gotta finish plumbing in my York air compressor then put the nose on and work out the bugs
Eventually it will have 4 link in it and bobbed when I get the money to gather parts image.jpg image.jpg

First is my new to me Husky 55 and all parts came in. New OE chainbrake assembly (pretty!), 16" .325 chain/bar/rim sprockets (taking off 20" 3/8), new air filters, muffler gasket, and I found a used storage box deal in the Amazon Warehouse. BUT my new rim sprocket is too small to fit on the spindle of the clutch drum! I thought it would be a simple swap (a guy on utube changed rim sprockets on the same drum). The clutch drum says Oregon on the backside; it had a Power Mate 375- 7 on it and I bought Power Mate 325-7. Do I need a new drum?

Second is my old Craftsman 42cc in the black box. It needed a new carb and chain. Replaced both, fired right up on fourth pull, and cuts like a champ. It idles too high, so I have to make that adjustment. Also, the gas cap leaks bad through the breather hole; can that be fixed or need a new cap?IMG_20200124_132431.jpg

First is my new to me Husky 55 and all parts came in. New OE chainbrake assembly (pretty!), 16" .325 chain/bar/rim sprockets (taking off 20" 3/8), new air filters, muffler gasket, and I found a used storage box deal in the Amazon Warehouse. BUT my new rim sprocket is too small to fit on the spindle of the clutch drum! I thought it would be a simple swap (a guy on utube changed rim sprockets on the same drum). The clutch drum says Oregon on the backside; it had a Power Mate 375- 7 on it and I bought Power Mate 325-7. Do I need a new drum?

Second is my old Craftsman 42cc in the black box. It needed a new carb and chain. Replaced both, fired right up on fourth pull, and cuts like a champ. It idles too high, so I have to make that adjustment. Also, the gas cap leaks bad through the breather hole; can that be fixed or need a new cap?View attachment 791591
Yes, you will need a drum to fit. Going from .4724 crank diameter to a .3937 crank diameter rim sprocket.

I currently have two special saws on my bench. They belong to my grandpa who asked if I could get them running good.

An 025 and a 041.
20200121_170933.jpg
I had the 025 running good on the first night. Just needed the carb cleaned and the spark arrestor screen cleaned, new plug, and a little tuning.

The 041 needs a carb rebuild kit that I need to order. Other than that it looked good.

I currently have two special saws on my bench. They belong to my grandpa who asked if I could get them running good.

An 025 and a 041.
View attachment 791632
I had the 025 running good on the first night. Just needed the carb cleaned and the spark arrestor screen cleaned, new plug, and a little tuning.

The 041 needs a carb rebuild kit that I need to order. Other than that it looked good.

041s are known to leak anywhere on the intake tract. Not very well engineered. I would get a gasket kit and re-seal the whole intake tract. Coat the gaskets with sealer. New fuel lines and impulse line would be good too. Cheap insurance for an old saw.

041s are known to leak anywhere on the intake tract. Not very well engineered. I would get a gasket kit and re-seal the whole intake tract. Coat the gaskets with sealer. New fuel lines and impulse line would be good too. Cheap insurance for an old saw.
Already replaced the impulse line. Planned on doing a pressure test.

Back