Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dinged the rocker panel of my new truck when I ran over a layed down electric fence post to scrounge a dead elm. I use my truck as a truck. Sucks when you mess up a new ride, sucks even more if it costs you money. We've all been there...and if you haven't, just wait, it'll happen!

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Not gonna lie, sometimes I don’t make the most calculated decisions.

In the second picture, if you look close enough you’ll see where the side step transformed into a rub rail and kept the truck from further damage.

If it helps, I had a shovel with me and just kept digging and digging until I was able to get out. 0FC72AAE-D429-4A1A-80B1-7D97DFE9DA6B.jpeg5E711CA4-9ACC-4812-A8A2-277CADB3E4E2.jpeg

I just ask for paper.
Many places here don't have paper.
We do a good amount of shopping at Costco, gotta use your own or their boxes.
All plastic bags are outlawed here and the hit you for a nickel for a paper bag but we have been using our own reusable bags for several years anyway
Way ahead of us out there, at least in some was lol.
I like Michigan :yes:.

I survived the 70's with no chain brake I'll just let it ride
I think you should get one from me, then paint the top white, you'd have the patriotic dolkita, red, white, and smurf lol.
Bent the handle a little.
Got one or two or... of those too, pic below ;).
Seriously, if you need one let me know, they are spares.
View attachment 791289 View attachment 791290 View attachment 791291 Also the owner wants this one taken down . The leaner it looks like it will get hung up on the other tree . I've done worse trees but with all the wood that's down and the dead standing ash I may tell him to leave it to nature. No danger of it hitting any structures.
Easy solution, remove the other tree first :D. As long as he isn't concerned with possibly breaking some of the branches in that tree I'd just cut the hinge thin/off on one sides it can roll out of the "stay" tree. Looks like a lot of nice wood in those two.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 8.32.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 8.32.16 PM.png
    513.4 KB · Views: 17
Any veterinarians in the group? My puppies nose on his right side is swollen up. If it doesn’t go down by the time I get home from work tomorrow, I’ll be taking him in for an evaluation. View attachment 791309
In the winter, not sure. If summer I’d think bee or snake.

Doesn’t appear to be any trauma outside, any punctures inside his mouth?

Any veterinarians in the group? My puppies nose on his right side is swollen up. If it doesn’t go down by the time I get home from work tomorrow, I’ll be taking him in for an evaluation. View attachment 791309

He musta said the wrong thing to his wife.....

POW!!!

Ok,
In seriousness. If the pup is eating, drinking as normal and the symptoms are not getting worse at all i would wait a day or to. Slip him a baby asprin a few times a day to help ease the pain.
You say he wont let you open his mouth? He could have hurt a tooth and the nearest soft tissue is inflamed as a reaction.

My guess, hurt tooth or an infection

Hope your Friends gets better. Its depressing when your buddy is hurt.

I lost it for a few days when my dog partially tore a tendon in her knee. [emoji22]

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Eating, Drinking and still being social with his pal, but not playing as rough as he usually does with Jacque

My wife sent me this picture, saying Jacque knows he’s hurting and trying to comfort him.

That is a puppy!

They break teeth often.

Can you feel air coming out of BOTH nostrils?

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Any veterinarians in the group? My puppies nose on his right side is swollen up.

Cute pup!

When our last dog got older she developed some cysts on her face; developed quickly. Had to be drained, then on antibiotics for a week or so. But no way to know - need to have him seen by someone who knows more.

Philbert

Cut some more rounds today, started out with the 462 but must have hit something with the chain in the pile (didn't see anything), so that saw got sharpened once (not much better), twice (much better, but still not 100%) and three times (hopefully it is good to go now). Likely it was just a pebble in the bark!

So the 044 and 360 also got some run time. One of the rounds had huge nail in it, did not see it till I flipped the round over, just missed it by an inch!!! Glad about that!

Was going to continue tomorrow, but got a call from a friend that he needs some splitting done, so I will be there tomorrow (he lets me hunt and I've taken deer there 3 of the last 4 years). It is supposed to rain like crazy on Sat, and I am scheduled to do wood at my Daughter's on Sunday! In the meantime, Tax Season is approaching like a freight train! After 2/1, I won't have much time for doing wood!

I do the same, paper bags and just pile them in, the looser the better if you want to use them right away.

Seems funny since I'm pretty sure all the plastic bags are killing the polar bears or something like that :rare2:.

Plastic shopping bags are outlawed here.
I still didn't get a xmas card from Greta though.

Yes, they're outlawed here in Victoristan as well. If you want, you can purchase a 'reusable' (non-biodegradable) plastic bag if you forgot your own bag and have too much stuff to carry in your mitts which I frequently do because at least one hand is carrying beer. No-one ever brings the reusable plastic bags back in the next time though and just chuck them out in the trash - just like the old single-use but biodegradable bags that were free. Yay environments :dumb:.

Cut some more rounds today, started out with the 462 but must have hit something with the chain in the pile (didn't see anything), so that saw got sharpened once (not much better), twice (much better, but still not 100%) and three times (hopefully it is good to go now). Likely it was just a pebble in the bark!

So the 044 and 360 also got some run time. One of the rounds had huge nail in it, did not see it till I flipped the round over, just missed it by an inch!!! Glad about that!

Ahem. I didn't refer you to get your body fixed up for you to cut wood and not post pics! C'mon!! :lol:

My lab got a thorn in his snout and got an abscess. He's my baby so I brought him and they drained it / slashed cleaned it out. Puppy it could be a broken tooth. Your being a good dad and watching it. Great that he is still eating/drinking/active.

Got a call to clean a 5 acre lot tonight. Been driving by it for a couple years wondering when it was going to sell and what they were going to do with the oak. At a minimum there are 50 burr oak trees 30" or bigger. If I get half it will be a good scrounge. Plus it is 1.5 miles from home. Meeting him a Sunday with an orange can and marking what needs gone. Might have to break in the 572 before it goes out for some caressing.

Plastic shopping bags are outlawed here.
I still didn't get a xmas card from Greta though.

They are talking about doing it here...and in a lot of places. How does it work for those small ones you use as you pick out produce and the like? Are those also banned? If so, what replaces them?

Back