J red Bar oil pump.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think no answers Al because your question is vague. Do you mean the worm style drive gear or the pinion gear on the oil pump? Also, which model Jonsered saw? Help us help you:clap:.

Just wondering does Jonsered use the same oil pump on all models ?? If so how far back will items interchange ?

It is the button gear that the cutch drives to turn the other gear the Metal one. On a 2159 J red a 359 Husky also.

:D Al

It is the button geat that the cutch droves to turn the other geat the Metal one. On a 2159 J red a 359 Husky also.

I've never seen one for that model. I think that that is designed to be the wear part. If you're having trouble with premature wear you may want to take the oiler apart and make sure it's moving freely. It's not uncommon at all for people to have incorrect drums or worm gears either. They'll get ate up fast if that's the case.

First one that came on the brand new saw (July 2004) cutting fire wood in Sept and Oct. didn't last till winter.
Totally striped out when I tore it down.
Can't rember where I bought the replacement but has been in the saw since January 2005.

Removed the bar and chain yesterday and ran the saw it is pumping some bar oil but not a lot.
I mix 3:1 diesel Fuel in the winter bar oil.

Another plus For the Echo cs 400 any way is they use metal oil pump drive gears. So that on one my friend got at a pawn shop cheap and decided to modify the thing.

Emptyed the oil tank out dumped in a tank of straight diesel. Yup it trckled out but not much. Maybe today I can get under the clutch and check out the hoses.
The filter in the tank looked all shiny when I looked inside but will see if it will come out when I pull the clutch and remove the tank hose.

Emptyed the oil tank out dumped in a tank of straight diesel. Yup it trckled out but not much. Maybe today I can get under the clutch and check out the hoses.
The filter in the tank looked all shiny when I looked inside but will see if it will come out when I pull the clutch and remove the tank hose.

It will

Well the difficult times poped up.
I was unable to get the clutch off, I got it off the last time no problem and didn't use the clutch tool then.
Guess I will have to invest in one if I can't make it out of a pice of pipe welded to a socket.

Back