Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi fellas I have a 5000 plus and was wondering if anybody has a pic of closed port cylinder and open port to see the difference. I also need help with a S55 with the Oiler plate off there is castings that look like something goes there if somebody has a pic of s55 with the Oiler plate off I’d appreciate it I don’t want another saw that takes 3 to keep it running I use them all winter and am interested in the 55 gettin running it is a nice saw but I know nothing about it if I wouldn’t have so much trouble with my 5000 oiling I wouldn’t worry about it and just get it running but its been down for a while and getting expensive Thanks for your time

Closed port left side vs. open port right side. Pretty self-explanatory once you see it.

Attachments

• IMG_0637.jpg
    IMG_0637.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 22
Yep sure is,
thank you

still could use a pic of s55 Oiler plate off thanks again if any body has one. Still trying to figure out web site

When I look at my 5000plus there is a difference in the cylinder from my 500’s at the top not saying ur wrong just curious. Two of my 500’s have all black handles have one 500 has a oilers adjustment and is clearly not a professional saw it’s crazy what you find under the covers there all different like they were put together with left over parts at the end of production.
I got my S55 running good I feel a lil naked without a chain brake so if anybody has one they’d like to part with please pm me thanks for ur help guys.

If you have seen both and are familiar with the exact jugs you might be able to tell them apart, but for the average joe just looking it isn't always obvious. Some brands' open port cylinders are pretty plain to see due to bulges on the outside, some are not. In any case, the difference will not be at the top.

And also ran my s55 all day today I love it got some carb adjustment to do yet and everything must work with the Oiler cause it ran tank of gas to tank of oil. So for Now that it’s gonna b going to work on full firewood duty I’d really like a chain brake if anybody has a spare please pm me With any help can even be rough I’ll tig it.
Thanks

I got a 5000 plus manual today and just figured out those oil pumps reciprocate about an 1/8 inch to pump not spin the spinning of the pump controls the flow but doesn’t pump. So I’m guessing this is the part that wears out and if anybody has ever tried to fix it where the pin rides on the plastic pump gear

I got a 5000 plus manual today and just figured out those oil pumps reciprocate about an 1/8 inch to pump not spin the spinning of the pump controls the flow but doesn’t pump. So I’m guessing this is the part that wears out and if anybody has ever tried to fix it where the pin rides on the plastic pump gear
Mostly this pin wears out .
I often had to replace them.
E.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk

Not sure if this is the same as the R420, but in my saw the pin pushes on a ratcheting mechanism that spins. This spinning part is the oil pump, not the pin itself.

Which pin do u mean
Pin is pressed into the case - the plastic oilpump piston has a excentric groove therefore -
When the piston rotates , this pin&groove allowes a slight horizontal movement .
The rotation allone doesnt make a pump function !
E.

Pin is pressed into the case - the plastic oilpump piston has a excentric groove therefore -
When the piston rotates , this pin&groove allowes a slight horizontal movement .
The rotation allone doesnt make a pump function !
E.

Oilpump p5000
4c4ecde9e0d64b00f0dd5c238b12f746.jpg

Your saw has a cam on the crank . This cam pushes the rod withe the ratched oilpump mechanism. [emoji2321]

Yep I see. Kind of like that new way better where the drive is off the sprocket so the oil pump isn't always running without the chain turning. Although it's not that big a deal really, I don't leave my saws idling for much of any length of time.

Back