McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You beauty :)
First thing I asked for a picture of the build tag. Lol. I was honest and told the guy it was a 70cc saw. He said “That makes sense why it had all the power in the world when I used to run it” so he never knew. He said he went thru the carb, welch plugs and all, and it still won’t run without fuel down the throat.
I checked his work and yes he went thru it, he used a cheap kit though so I went thru it again. Checked for impulse pressure before mounting the carb. Same results. Used clear fuel line to see if it’s pulling fuel and there’s nothing. Gonna take it to work tomorrow and tinker with it.

Now you got a parts saw too brilliant you're set now. I'm dropping trees tomorrow or Sunday yay but the issue now is which 6 saws do I bring. The sensible person in me says take the nice husky 350 it's a good limber but... hell no I've got three running 7-10s and 10-10S to limb with. The rose pruner 350 will stay home I've got poulans to run as well

And I’ll probably never stop. There’s just something about it. From the visceral experience of cutting, to the satisfaction of resurrecting an old piece of equipment.

Well said man. It's a great feeling ripping through the wood with a saw that YOU rescued and a chain was sharpened by YOU it's a hell of a buzz running these things I've given a few people big stupid grins after feeling the vibes of an old yellow saw

Ugh! So I'm working on my pair of 700's because they've been on the shelf for too long and I'm probably gonna sell one of them. Anyway, i bought these saws early on when becoming symptomatic of CAD and when I barely knew anything. This is very apparent to me as I'm going through the carbs and realized that one of them DOESN'T HAVE A TAG! So now I feel I'm kinda screwed because it's the nicer of the two and that I intended to sell. Why would somebody remove the stupid tag with the serial number on it?! Sorry about the rant fellas.

Ugh! So I'm working on my pair of 700's because they've been on the shelf for too long and I'm probably gonna sell one of them. Anyway, i bought these saws early on when becoming symptomatic of CAD and when I barely knew anything. This is very apparent to me as I'm going through the carbs and realized that one of them DOESN'T HAVE A TAG! So now I feel I'm kinda screwed because it's the nicer of the two and that I intended to sell. Why would somebody remove the stupid tag with the serial number on it?! Sorry about the rant fellas.

Well lucky for future you ya cant sell it now can ya haha

I've gotta sell one (part of the CAD 12 step program) and wanted to keep the ugly one. It's got an epoxied oil tank and broken fins on the air cover so it's got more value to me than to sell it.

Ya cant separate the siblings man. 20191115_182320.jpg
Part of the family they are
20191127_173248.jpg
Once there gone there ummm... well you know

:)

OMG your son with that 10-10 is adorable! I don't want separate my twins but I'm trying to get some space back in my garage now that winter seems to be here. Oh, and quit my good paying job on November 1 so I could

No pics yet, but looks like the old saying, "No good deed goes unpunished", is NOT true. My friend in NC said if her husband doesn't want the 10-10 she was going to send it home with my wife. The last time we were down to visit, I found a local small engine shop that had a Mac 200 under the bench. I think it will be two years in March? Anyway, he said it ran good then. I found his number and called, he said it's still there. Asked if he would take $35 for it. I know, that's almost twice my regular offer, but it is an 80CC saw. He said he would take it. Might get two new Macs and never left the house.

Possibly the tank/handle was replaced and the old tag wasn't moved over to the new. If the area isn't scratched, the rivet holes are painted and no sign of repaint that would be my bet. Ron

Thought I'd start the day off on a positive note picked up this clean Pro 10-10 Automatic yesterday. Missing chainbrake handle
Had to drive 60 miles to get it but sure beats shipping cost.
Will see if it will run today.

Attachments

• 20200124_170924.jpg
    20200124_170924.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 21
  • 20200124_170959.jpg
    20200124_170959.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 18
  • 20200124_170914.jpg
    20200124_170914.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 17
Thought I'd start the day off on a positive note picked up this clean Pro 10-10 Automatic yesterday. Missing chainbrake handle
Had to drive 60 miles to get it but sure beats shipping cost.
Will see if it will run today.

Oil tank looks like a replacement, you could have a new motor in that saw.

Latest posts

Back