What model is this Husqvarna?.. (Having trouble identifying!)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure you would do just fine with skip or semi skip, but with full comp you'd have a slow go at it unless the rakers were at .020.

I know some guys who have cut right a way on the east coast from out here they don’t change much a little bit of the angle of the cutter. A big difference is how we cut as well most of us don’t bore all the time we use a T or Coos style back cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know some guys who have cut right a way on the east coast from out here they don’t change much a little bit of the angle of the cutter. A big difference is how we cut as well most of us don’t bore all the time we use a T or Coos style back cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's cool. All I know is I wouldn't cut with nearly as long of a bar if I was cutting primarily softwood or even softer hardwoods.
I also use coos bay on smaller trees, surprised most out here haven't adopted that much. When I use the T I'm cutting with a short bar that won't reach through(If it was longer I'd bore all the way thru, it takes about the same amount of time) I still bore and then cut straight out the back on both sides. Most times if the tree isnt to large when running a short bar on a leaner I'll set the hinge on one side with a bore and then cut to the back, then leave a trigger and cut back to set the hinge on the other side then I cut way below the trigger.
Big difference between what I do and what you do is everything I do is yours gets used for lumber mine gets thrown in someone's woodstove. Id love to get out there and cut with you, sure id learn a lot in short order. I'd still like to see some video of cutting hardwood with a 32 full comp on a 372oe, sure you can, but I'm sure I wouldn't want to.

So now that it’s not super cold I went outside To start it up. Nothing happened.

Per your guys advice put a bit of premix in the carb, it started and ran for 10 seconds.

Now it starts every time with a few pulls even with choke closed. With choke open runs about 5-7 seconds, pressure release valve pops out, push it in, restart, does the same thing.

The Oiler oils the chain nicely, leaves a good trail, chain runs smoothly during that 5 seconds. Any throttle applied during this time instantly kills it.

I guess this is good start. Where do I go from here?

So now that it’s not super cold I went outside To start it up. Nothing happened.

Per your guys advice put a bit of premix in the carb, it started and ran for 10 seconds.

Now it starts every time with a few pulls even with choke closed. With choke open runs about 5-7 seconds, pressure release valve pops out, push it in, restart, does the same thing.

The Oiler oils the chain nicely, leaves a good trail, chain runs smoothly during that 5 seconds. Any throttle applied during this time instantly kills it.

I guess this is good start. Where do I go from here?
Where are the carb screws set at?

Where are the carb screws set at?

No idea. Came here for your advice before I messed with ANY settings whatsoever.

So far I’ve just cleaned up the clutch drum, b+c, installed new pull starter, cleaned the filter and replaced the Bosch plug with a brand new Champion RCJ 7Y, gapped to 0.02in.

Just read the post with the guy whose brand new Echo wouldn’t start at all whatsoever anymore after he screwed with the carb settings, had to get a dealer replacement.

Shall await further instruction from the professionals here.

I guess this is good start. Where do I go from here?[/QUOTE

I am no expert, but first is fuel getting to the carb? bad fuel lines or clogged filters may cause this type issue. That is where I start.

I have had a tac for over 20 years. Used it a lot at first but now it is tune by ear and just great results. I am probably closing in on 1,000 saws built/repaired. Just because the manual says 13,000 RPM does not mean that is a correct tune. It may be to high or to low. Mike

I have had a tac for over 20 years. Used it a lot at first but now it is tune by ear and just great results. I am probably closing in on 1,000 saws built/repaired. Just because the manual says 13,000 RPM does not mean that is a correct tune. It may be to high or to low. Mike

Just curious how you tune a limited coil?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

While I’m waiting for my tac, should I set it back to factory settings to see if that makes it run long enough to even use the tac?

Back