Yall think she will hold up tommorow?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jkstihl

Chainsaws make me fap.
Reaction score
Yall think she will hold together tmw? Dont have a back up rim gonna send it i reckon.

And shoutout to @Yotaismygame for the 25" and chain.20200124_195921.jpg 20200124_200158.jpg 20200124_152449.jpg

With the clutch cover on I think that the chain will guide nice into the rim if it’s properly tightened. IMO with a loose chain you might have a lock up, which could be really bad if you stuck in heavy wood.

your call of course but I say send it for the day If you have to, don’t push it for a second or third tho ;)

Looks like a pit stop at the dealer in the morning.

I replace the sprockets with rim/drum and save the sprockets in the beginning.

I stock in-house new rims, drums, clutches, bars, chains, air filters, recoil springs, spark plugs and starter ropes. I do inspect the rims often.

Any break down I can fix overnight. With the dirtbikes if we lost an engine at 7 pm by 12am she was bored, new piston, crank seals and bearings ready to ride the next day.

I snapped a 42” chain on a 395 once. It whipped up my arm, hooked on my shoulder and pulled me backwards. Luckily I had on a thick jacket. I was fine, just a little cut on my wrist. It had been making a weird sound in the cut. When I looked the saw over I discover two pieces of sprocket still jammed behind the clutch drum. The chain catcher was sawn
completely in half.

That sprocket might wreck more than your saw. Might wreck you too.

I'd send alot of **** but to be honest I dont know that I'd run that.
I ran my 026 for a few hours with no clip holding the sprocket on. It came off 3 times while doing a paying small tree removal job. Nothing bad happened and the tree ws removed.

Get a few extra rims when you go to the dealer. I keep 7T and 8T 3/8, 7T 3/8 picco medium spline, and 0.325 and 3/8 small spline. If I put on a new chain , I'll have a rim handy if needed, or I want to change pitch or # of teeth/bar

Running that setup is stupid and dangerous.

Well it was still too wet this morning, but i had already decided not to run it anyway.

I dont know how long it was broke before i switched bars, anywhere between 1 day to 3 weeks.

After inspecting i do need a clutch drum, it seems to be slightly warped. I think that is why i have been having chain creep.

Back