Wood Ministry firewood cutting/splitting day

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Lawler

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello there all!! First, I would like to think everyone who has helped cut and split in the past to help our wood ministry. Well, this spring we will NEED your help again if anybody wants to participate. I will be going in for a FULL right shoulder replacement on March 11th. Unfortunately that is right when I wanted to get some logs and get my storage full for next years burning seasons for our needy families. So, since I will be down I was wondering if anyone would be willing to come have a firewood cutting/splitting day like we have had in the past. I would have probably 5 triaxle loads of logs here that I would need some eager beavers to tear into. As usual we would provide the water, coffee, soda, and food for the day.
I haven't picked a day yet and was hoping to get some input from you guys as to what day/date will work for the majority who wants to help. I am looking end of March beginning of April.

thanks, but, I'm 3 hours or so east near Valley Forge. And since I never heard of Ellwood City, I'm guessing you are in a different direction. I'll keep following this thread and pay attention to a date when it gets set. I'd like to assist, and with perfect timing, I might take the drive.

thanks, but, I'm 3 hours or so east near Valley Forge. And since I never heard of Ellwood City, I'm guessing you are in a different direction. I'll keep following this thread and pay attention to a date when it gets set. I'd like to assist, and with perfect timing, I might take the drive.
Definitely different direction, I’m 50 miles north of Pittsburgh.

According to the map your another 100 miles east of me.

I used to go to a church camp in Erie,Pa. to help cut and split wood for the camp, but they decided it was more cost efficient to hire a guy w/ a wood processor to do the job. Between housing and feeding 20 or so guys, I can see their point. Miss it though.

Ok everyone I think right now the date will be April 11th. If you DEFINITELY know youre coming please let me know. This year I think I am getting a local BBQ caterer to cater our lunch/dinner. Her food is FABULOUS!!! So the Wood Ministry is gonna hire her to make us some good food.

Please let me know if you can definitely make it on the 4th of April. I need to let the caterer know how many hungry guys she needs to feed....lol

Latest posts

Back