husky 372xp troubles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matlocc

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
As the title says; it ran fine let it set for about 2 weeks. I can get it started with seafoam in the carb.
It will run hot for a second or 2 then cut out. even when feathering the throttle.
I tried adjusting the L screw 1/8 of a turn open. then realized i may have turned the T screw. the clutch ran with the brake on. hot enough that it smoked. i blew it out with air and hots came out.
So now to the big question. how to i get the adjustments back to normal for a starting point?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Pressure test through plug adapter at BDC with both the exhaust port and intake port blocked with thin rubber sheets. OR If you can get it running long enough with the bar and clutch cover off spray carb cleaner around clutch area. If the RPM increases you can assume you have a PTO seal leak. Some pics would help of the heat damage you were talking about.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Does anyone have the dates for when Husqvarna switches the 372xp xtorq’s crank bearings back over to steel cage? I have a 2014 model that I want to know which bearings I have in it as I have to make this saw last for earning my pay. Also how would you know if this bearings is bad (small signs of failure)? Lastly I recently purchased a pop up piston for this saw as when I picked it up used the piston was scored after replacing the piston I have ran the saw for about 6months fairly hard in hard and dirty woods. I went to do a good cleaning on it today and removed the exhaust and sure enough their is minor scoring from the top on the piston about one third of the way down. I had no clue because just last month I did a compression test and it was at 167 psi cold. The saw will start from cold in three pulls never fails however the idle until warmed up will wonder but nothing crazy just maybe from 2,600-3,300 chain will barley creep and once it’s good and warm the idle goes away. Any thoughts on this would be very much so appreciated.

Back