How good a Husqvarna is a 560xp?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KarlD

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I’m tempted to buy this so that I can have a proper go with a Husqvarna...is it a good way to get a proper flavour of the brand. In order of preference I like:-
1. Dolmar
2. Stilh
3. Jonsered
...but having never really gotten into Husqvarna I’m keen to try them. I don’t NEED this saw (or any new saw at all tbh) but I’m still just holding back from pulling the trigger
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/283756331156

It's the same saw as a Jonsered 2260. We don't have the 560xp in the US, but rather the 562, which is the same saw but with the mounts for large Husqvarna bar, D009 instead of the k095 on the 560/2260. I've only run one a handful of times, but many guys here like the 562 a lot. The early ones had some trouble, but they're said to be all sorted out.

Thanks guys; I will look into the Jonsered 2260 and Dolmar 6100 options before I get one of these

I've had my 555 for a number of yrs(shortly after they were introduced). I really really like it. It kind of depends on what you want for fuel delivery systems....the 6100 is still an adjustable carb and the 555 is the autotune. I had a Dolmar 6100 for awhile, but just preferred my 555. It revs quicker, is lighter and just handles nicer overall. I always felt it had a little more speed in the cut, too. It will do everything I need a 20 inch bar saw to do.
0b560f55f04c7f7fc970bdf48a5a34bc.jpg
9a9abee5f9d91ace179115c90ef502f7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Lol...I’m still resisting...

resistance is futile :laugh:

;) No, I get it ... I kick tires for months before coughing up money, especially when I don't really need something. However the older I get the more I realize any day above ground is a good day and life is short - if spending a little on an unnecessary purchase makes you happy for a fleeting period of time in the cosmic scheme of things, so be it. :dancing:

resistance is futile :laugh:

;) No, I get it ... I kick tires for months before coughing up money, especially when I don't really need something. However the older I get the more I realize any day above ground is a good day and life is short - if spending a little on an unnecessary purchase makes you happy for a fleeting period of time in the cosmic scheme of things, so be it. :dancing:
You’re right and I too feel that...conversely I also like maintaining a ‘small footprint’ and only having what I need (I bloody love a good clear out)...but chainsaws are my weakness...because I make a living running them I trick myself too easily into getting more and more.
I think I will be able to resist the 560...but not sure about the old Dolmar

haven't ran an 038 but have run 372's -owned an ms362 (among other older saws).

I'd bet once owned, the 560 would be staying in your stable and 362 would be out the door.

I have a small EA4300/Dolmar 421 which I like, but I hear the chubby 6100 is not nearly as ergonomically pleasing as the 560.

Latest posts

Back