Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt , good onya !
I miss Billy and the times that I dropped off wood to him .
The do list was long today but I still had a chance to run up to the "Undisclosed" location to grab a bit of wood to replace this past week's usage .
On the way out I spotted a couple of dead standers
8r6nEmY.jpg

Could be some Spruce so I had to go look Lol

GTcXLzN.jpg

Well , fir , Spruce and a stick of maple

Hb44Td3.jpg

All pretty dry and furnace ready :)
yuHnAhD.jpg

2H8JuSs.jpg

6R5B5Dh.jpg

On the way out I spotted a dead maple right at the edge of the road so in the truck it went as well
Can't even tell I was there

MzsvlFM.jpg

'Cept
wOFAvaq.jpg

Hope for more snow to hide the evidence :)

No reason it shouldn't still run, if you have a 52mm AM kit(must be with only 120psi and a base gasket delete) its about the same power as a 51.4 oem and they run for a long time. I like my xpw with the large cylinder, runs nice. 120 seems a bit low, I was just talking about how some of the AM kits have a very large squish, but also about how well some huskys run at a lower psi. I've never had a 372 run strong at 120, but I've seen them run very well at 140-150.

If you saw the piston rings that came with the kit, you would be amazed it’s still running as well. It had even worse compression that’s why I did the gasket delete

Matt , good onya !
I miss Billy and the times that I dropped off wood to him .
The do list was long today but I still had a chance to run up to the "Undisclosed" location to grab a bit of wood to replace this past week's usage .
On the way out I spotted a couple of dead standers
8r6nEmY.jpg

Could be some Spruce so I had to go look Lol

GTcXLzN.jpg

Well , fir , Spruce and a stick of maple

Hb44Td3.jpg

All pretty dry and furnace ready :)
yuHnAhD.jpg

2H8JuSs.jpg

6R5B5Dh.jpg

On the way out I spotted a dead maple right at the edge of the road so in the truck it went as well
Can't even tell I was there

MzsvlFM.jpg

'Cept
wOFAvaq.jpg

Hope for more snow to hide the evidence :)
We need to start a goFundMe to get Kermit (my Bilke S3) up to you in our off season.

I could not find it on my youtube channel, so I searched for it and it popped up!
I've had that happen before too.
Now for the weird part, it was on my 440 o_O.
I looked on your youtube channel and I don't see that video there.
I had to reload mine to youtube, I don't remember how I did it, but it showed up in the proper order :badpc:.

with our muddy warm winter I guess I'll have to make a coat from the yotes I've been catching to keep warm next year. Cause I haven't cut a lick of wood all winter for next year.
Maybe you'll be able to get lots of dead standing wood for next yr. A yote jacket sounds nice, sure these days you'd get some crazy looks wearing an animal pelt:nofunny:.
I managed to get the snow packed down around my splitting area and the snow all off the tarp on the pile. The wood has a lot of moisture on it from condensation, I don't normally have that problem, but then again we don't normally have rain in January :rare2:. Managed to get two level/just over level wheelbarrows split and stacked in the woodshed, and now I'm ready for the next session since the snow and the area is cleared. Maybe tomorrow morning I will get a bit more done, the good thing is I didn't burn two wheelbarrows worth today, so I figure I made progress :clap:.

Very nice! That thing pulls hard!
It does.
How you liking the 462, anymore time on it.
Here's the video I was saying I lost, I think I put it back in as 044.
Funny the difference between nice green wood in the summer and frozen wood :eek:.
If all you have is a 60cc saw you find yourself :cry::sucks:, glad I'm not there anymore :clap:.

Just got done watching the boxing on Showtime. Don't know how many of you saw it, but one of the judges in the first fight was my good friend Frankie Lombardi. We boxed together years ago under Steve Acunto. I won't tell you how many years ago, but we were both 135 lbs back then!

Frank currently lives in CT not far from here, and we are still in touch. In fact, he made some real nice stuff from my chainsawed wood boards. He is a great guy.

Steve passed away last year at the age of 101, and is in the Boxing Hall of Fame, the NY Boxing Hall of Fame, and the NJ Boxing Hall of Fame. He was also on the NYS Athletic Commission for over 60 years! He was also good friends with Rocky Marciano, and Marciano was scheduled to come to one of my armature bouts when he died on the plane crash.

For more info on Steve or Frank, search AAIB.

It does.
How you liking the 462, anymore time on it.
Here's the video I was saying I lost, I think I put it back in as 044.
Funny the difference between nice green wood in the summer and frozen wood :eek:.
If all you have is a 60cc saw you find yourself :cry::sucks:, glad I'm not there anymore :clap:.

I like the 462, spring av, air injection, one piece top cover, wider handle spacing.. it’s basically a husky, lol.
It cuts good

not hard wood, but it is frozen (larch);)
I’ve always liked the 044’s too, had a couple of them, they weren’t as strong as Mike’s though and wouldn’t have kept up with the 462.

I won the huge Rocky Marciano trophy for winner of Best Fight of the Night. It was back in the 70s, and haircuts were infrequent. World Famous John LoBianco Sr. was the ref, and one of the judges was World Famous Tony Castellano. I did not even get to take the mouth guard out, they threw a towel over my shoulders and put me in the pic.

It hung on the wall in Steve's house till he passed, then was given to me.

After the fight, John told me I had the perfect build for a Light Heavyweight fighter and I should never quit boxing, and Tony told me I had excellent footwork, could hit well with both hands, and to let him know if I ever wanted to go pro.

Steve was heartbroken I did not go pro, but I was recently married, recently had a daughter, recently got a house, and recently got a white collar job, so I just could not do it at the time. At the time I was 6'1", 175 lbs, and dense enough to sink in water with a full breath of air.

No one thought I was going to win. The guy I fought was built like a smaller Mike Tyson, and was going to go pro as soon as he beat me. Steve did not want to take the fight, I had to threaten to quite to get him to take it (they couldn't find any other match for me). I beat him twice.

Attachments

• RockyMarcianoBestFightof theNight.jpg
    RockyMarcianoBestFightof theNight.jpg
    443.4 KB · Views: 29

Latest posts

Back