bundle handles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Call or email them to quote custom lengths. They manufacture to order and also have polypropylene rope.

I finished my set up.
I bought the rope and a heat knife and built a little measuring device.

I use 12" lengths of rope, 4 narrow crown staples, and haven't had one issue so far. (But I've only made 20 bundles and sold 10).
That's about 5 cents a handle, not counting the one-time cost of the heat knife.
The rope is nice - just the right size and doesn't hurt the hand.

The handles from the Firewood Handles place may be cheaper, even more so if you factor in your labor.
I think they were around 4-5 cents.

I've not ordered from them yet, but just something to consider.

I'm going to try standard 1/2" T50 staples. I'm concerned about molding staples being more of a tire puncture risk. Maybe?
I bought a Milwaukee cordless stapler to use.

~7 years ago I had made maybe 100 bundles by hand wrapping and used T50 staples for handles. Seemed like it worked ok. Least I don't recall the handles coming off.

I've been camping where the park ranger checked the firepit with a magnet before we left.
Burn 10 bundles and that's a bit of staples.

Unk, ever think about cutting up old bluejeans for handle material? Surely it will burn...

The handles from the Firewood Handles place may be cheaper, even more so if you factor in your labor.
I think they were around 4-5 cents.

I've not ordered from them yet, but just something to consider.

I'm going to try standard 1/2" T50 staples. I'm concerned about molding staples being more of a tire puncture risk. Maybe?
I bought a Milwaukee cordless stapler to use.

~7 years ago I had made maybe 100 bundles by hand wrapping and used T50 staples for handles. Seemed like it worked ok. Least I don't recall the handles coming off.

I've been camping where the park ranger checked the firepit with a magnet before we left.
Burn 10 bundles and that's a bit of staples.

I tried the T-50 and they pulled out pretty easily. But that was on the bark side of a piece of wood.

For most part we can not put staples in wood or have handles certainly not any thing plastic. I am sure there will be a time when all wood must be wrapped in cardboard. If you can use staples then use a air staple gun with sisal rope. Air staples can put 1/4'' staples an inch and a half. Thanks

So, FirewoodHandles.com has produced nearly 3 million handles since 2008 (been in business since 1923). They just posted a video on YouTube and their website (www.FirewoodHandles.com) showing how fast they make these. They will be posting additional videos showing their poly rope process and best practice stapling method. Ken will quote custom lengths, too, from a couple of inches and up to several feet. FirewoodHandles.com manufactures in-house and controls the quality, speed, color, and delivery, whereas one other Midwest supplier outsources it all.

Minor, given that most bundles are fully wrapped, netted or packaged that are sold in large retail outlets. It's a different market than what you are pining for, I think, and the retailers often place requirements on the suppliers.

I think this is exactely correct. The sellers will determine the requirements of the wood sold. At the moment I have many cords of White Fir which I am wanting to sell in bundled format. If it can not be sold then it will have to be chipped. Thanks

Well, FirewoodHandles.com has posted yet another video, this time showing how they cut the 9" pieces (other lengths available)...6 at a time with fused ends.
Apparently, Ken has cut about 2.9 million handles since 2008.

Latest posts

Back