Homelite C-72 Clutch Removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Christy

Reaction score
Hi, I have a homelite C-72 that needed overhauling and I'm having trouble removing the clutch spider so I can get to the crankcase. I believe the clutch spider is threaded on? I have ordered a clutch removal tool on ebay as I didn't have the facilities to make one myself. Assuming the clutch spider is threaded on, is it a right hand thread or a left hand thread? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated :)
HomeliteClutch.jpg

Attachments

• ut-10027a c72.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
I’m in the process of restoring my father’s C72, I found this thread in my search.

I am having a similar issue but it seems at some point my father replaced the clutch with an aftermarket Oregon assembly.

Can anyone direct me to the correct 3 pin disassembly/holder tool for a three holed Oregon clutch? Thank you!

Fairly easy to make.
Flat piece of steel wide enough to line up and drill 3 holes that match the clutch holes center to center. Insert an compression pin (or could tack weld a solid pin) in each hole of the tool to a depth that fits the clutch near flush. Leave some length on the metal piece for leverage ot i suppose it could be made square and you could weld an old socket to the center and use an breaker bar or impact wrench.

Looks like it would need a center hole for the crankshaft end to go through also.
I used to run an c 52 and c5, my friends dad made 1 for me to fit a 2 holed clutch decades ago. Still have it and had calls for it the last few years.

Thanks, not sure I really wanna go that route, I have plenty of projects going and really didn’t wanna start another one to finish this one. I guess if I have to, but I was hoping it was a common tool to source.

Latest posts

Back