• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 42" Archer Pro Max Bar for Stihl mt 3003 + new chain - $99 shipped

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redbull660

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
42" archer pro max bar for stihl mt 3003 12mm s1. .063 3/8 136dl. also comes with new archer full chisel full comp chain.

$99 shipped.

Attachments

• P1320499.JPG
    P1320499.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 65
Hey Jullian, do you have a 42” bar like this combo but in a Stihl 3002 14 mm mount?

Would oil holes line up? I do have some connections where I used to work, could have it done with an end mill.
You may have to drill new ones or use a dremel to flow oil where you want it. I have done this on other bars and it works but always best to test fit and verify. Mine was Stihl to stihl. I just know for what your doing this is a heck of a deal.

Any idea what the difference in keyway, slot, width isn’t between the 3003 and the 3002 mount I need?

12.1 to 14. So need to take a mm off each side. You can do it in a vice with a flat file too. Not ideal but I have done it in a pinch.
Dremel with a stone or band and keep checking width with verniers so I keep removal equal on each side. Let me ponder this. Thanks for the advice. Once that’s done I could do a side by side comparison with the 36” bar for oil hole location. This is sounding better.

Dremel with a stone or band and keep checking width with verniers so I keep removal equal on each side. Let me ponder this. Thanks for the advice. Once that’s done I could do a side by side comparison with the 36” bar for oil hole location. This is sounding better.
No problem. When I had my
9010 I turned the studs down to 3003 mount so I didn’t have this issue. I did another down to the large husky mount.

You may have to drill new ones or use a dremel to flow oil where you want it. I have done this on other bars and it works but always best to test fit and verify. Mine was Stihl to stihl. I just know for what your doing this is a heck of a deal.
Not sure it’s going to work. It came today and had to extend the bar slot 2 1/2”. Laid the 36” bar on top for oil hole location, center of the oil holes was on the edge of the 42” bar. Dremeled a groove from the edge to the oil hole. Have to see if it works.

Attachments

• CB41A384-A477-4523-B61C-2176879F77D5.jpeg
    CB41A384-A477-4523-B61C-2176879F77D5.jpeg
    975.9 KB · Views: 8
Not sure it’s going to work. It came today and had to extend the bar slot 2 1/2”. Laid the 36” bar on top for oil hole location, center of the oil holes was on the edge of the 42” bar. Dremeled a groove from the edge to the oil hole. Have to see if it works.
See what she does once assembled.

See what she does once assembled.
I nodded my original plan. I cut a small V-slot thru the rail to hopefully catch more oil at the top of the rail and channel it to the drivers. Have to wait for the weather to break to try it. If I’m wrong it ain’t the first time.
018551B9-9D1F-4692-A332-6D8FCC18D3B0.jpeg

Latest posts

Back