Why are we loading 4x a day ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't read the entire thread so sorry if any of this has been suggested before.

I had a CB 5036 installed this past November. I have been fighting with it ever since, until very recently. Long story short, the dealer undersized nearly every aspect of the unit for our application and didn't know how to get the furnace blower to operate properly.

Anyway, I had a different authorized dealer come out and check everything. He found that the heat exchanger was undersized (140K BTU) and the pump was undersized as we had around 18' of vertical over a 200' run into the house. He upgraded the exchanger to 185K BTU and replaced the pump with one with more head pressure. He also got the blower furnace to come on at high heat instead of low (I believe this was our MAIN issue).

The house heats well (~5000sqf) and recovers quickly. The blower no longer runs constantly pulling heat from the coil. Wood consumption has gone down from loading 3 times per day to loading twice per day.

I think that in my instance the low blower speed was the main cause of our problems. It was constantly pulling heat and barely sending any of that out into the house. It was almost like a radiant heat out of a system that wasn't designed to be radiant heat (hope that makes sense).

Anyway, just some things to think about. Hope it helps.

Travis

Back